Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi. So I have the 660 ti and it works wonderfully without any hitches except for a weird checkerboard pattern emerging when I'm running the heaven benchmark and playing Starcraft 2. Weird thing is it only comes up during those programs. I. Have a few other games I play in OSX namely COD and Borderlands 2 and no problems there. I also do have games working perfectly in windows 8 in full high res. any ideas?? I have installed the graphics according to Slignet's guide following step. Y step. I have also installed the new nvidia drivers from their website. I have 2 monitors running currently with no problems.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Definitions on my Hack have always been Macpro 3,1

Try using Macpro3,1 SMBIOS and see if that fixes the problem. You will lose PStates though.

I have a very similar problem, except no weird graphics issues, just a frozen screen. This happens only in Heaven (not Vally) and SC2 (Not DIII or WoW). Changing SMBIOS from Macmini6,2 to Macpro3,1 fixed the issues, however I get only min/max PStates and a crapload of console logs. I am still working on a better fix.

This seems to be an Ivy Bridge issue, as my old P67/2600K system never had any issues with my 660 GTX Ti.

Try using Macpro3,1 SMBIOS and see if that fixes the problem. You will lose PStates though.

I have a very similar problem, except no weird graphics issues, just a frozen screen. This happens only in Heaven (not Vally) and SC2 (Not DIII or WoW). Changing SMBIOS from Macmini6,2 to Macpro3,1 fixed the issues, however I get only min/max PStates and a crapload of console logs. I am still working on a better fix.

This seems to be an Ivy Bridge issue, as my old P67/2600K system never had any issues with my 660 GTX Ti.

Thanks for the response. I have always been using Macpro 3,1 definitions. I have taken screen shots and attached. Please let me know if you guys have any ideas. I have tried changing resolutions with no luck.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/members/monty007/albums/graphics-problem/48401-heaven-1/
http://www.tonymacx86.com/members/monty007/albums/graphics-problem/48402-heaven-2/
http://www.tonymacx86.com/members/monty007/albums/graphics-problem/48400-starcraft-2/

Are you getting lower score as a result in heaven test?

Are you getting lower score as a result in heaven test?

I don't think I am. Here is a Benchmark result:

Screen Shot 2013-03-05 at 3.29.54 PM.png
My Hack works wonderfully otherwise. I have thoroughly tested the monitor, the other games such as Borderlands 2, COD, Batman, etc all in Mountain Lion without any problems. I have also tested thoroughly in Windows 8 - no problems whatsoever.

I think you are getting good results. I have GTX680 and my bench for your setting is below. and I checked my bench with others and it's normal.

Something to do with your softwares I believe. maybe there's an update, or something. Wouldn't worry about it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-06 at 11.42.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-06 at 11.42.57 AM.png
    72.9 KB · Views: 170
If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. I have updated all the software that I can. I have a feeling that it has something to do with OpenGL. At the same time though, it works perfectly with many other programs that use OpenGL. :crazy: Driving me nuts.

so today I decided to try full resolution with all the settings maxxed. Guess what, there was no checkerboard!!! I don't know why but seems like it is fixed!! I tested in Heaven and also no problems. One thing that I did do yesterday night was install the Java update that just came out. I don't think that did it but whatever made it work - I'm happy!

Well...this frustrating problem is back again. There was a software update for Starcraft 2 which I installed and the problem is back. I don't know what fixed it last time and I'm at a loss as to what to do to get rid of this problem once and for all. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back