Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi. So I have the 660 ti and it works wonderfully without any hitches except for a weird checkerboard pattern emerging when I'm running the heaven benchmark and playing Starcraft 2. Weird thing is it only comes up during those programs. I. Have a few other games I play in OSX namely COD and Borderlands 2 and no problems there. I also do have games working perfectly in windows 8 in full high res. any ideas?? I have installed the graphics according to Slignet's guide following step. Y step. I have also installed the new nvidia drivers from their website. I have 2 monitors running currently with no problems.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Definitions on my Hack have always been Macpro 3,1

Motherboard
Aorus X570 Elite
CPU
Ryzen 7 3700X
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. eMac
  3. iMac
  4. LC
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Try using Macpro3,1 SMBIOS and see if that fixes the problem. You will lose PStates though.

I have a very similar problem, except no weird graphics issues, just a frozen screen. This happens only in Heaven (not Vally) and SC2 (Not DIII or WoW). Changing SMBIOS from Macmini6,2 to Macpro3,1 fixed the issues, however I get only min/max PStates and a crapload of console logs. I am still working on a better fix.

This seems to be an Ivy Bridge issue, as my old P67/2600K system never had any issues with my 660 GTX Ti.

Motherboard
Leviathan
CPU
i7 3770K @ 4.6Ghz
Graphics
EVGA Hydro Copper GTX 780 SLI
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Try using Macpro3,1 SMBIOS and see if that fixes the problem. You will lose PStates though.

I have a very similar problem, except no weird graphics issues, just a frozen screen. This happens only in Heaven (not Vally) and SC2 (Not DIII or WoW). Changing SMBIOS from Macmini6,2 to Macpro3,1 fixed the issues, however I get only min/max PStates and a crapload of console logs. I am still working on a better fix.

This seems to be an Ivy Bridge issue, as my old P67/2600K system never had any issues with my 660 GTX Ti.

Thanks for the response. I have always been using Macpro 3,1 definitions. I have taken screen shots and attached. Please let me know if you guys have any ideas. I have tried changing resolutions with no luck.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/members/monty007/albums/graphics-problem/48401-heaven-1/
http://www.tonymacx86.com/members/monty007/albums/graphics-problem/48402-heaven-2/
http://www.tonymacx86.com/members/monty007/albums/graphics-problem/48400-starcraft-2/

Motherboard
MacPro
CPU
i7 2600
Graphics
Nvidia 450 GTS
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Are you getting lower score as a result in heaven test?

Motherboard
Leviathan
CPU
i7 3770K @ 4.6Ghz
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Are you getting lower score as a result in heaven test?

I don't think I am. Here is a Benchmark result:

Screen Shot 2013-03-05 at 3.29.54 PM.png
My Hack works wonderfully otherwise. I have thoroughly tested the monitor, the other games such as Borderlands 2, COD, Batman, etc all in Mountain Lion without any problems. I have also tested thoroughly in Windows 8 - no problems whatsoever.

Motherboard
MacPro
CPU
i7 2600
Graphics
Nvidia 450 GTS
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I think you are getting good results. I have GTX680 and my bench for your setting is below. and I checked my bench with others and it's normal.

Something to do with your softwares I believe. maybe there's an update, or something. Wouldn't worry about it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-06 at 11.42.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-06 at 11.42.57 AM.png
    72.9 KB · Views: 154
Motherboard
Leviathan
CPU
i7 3770K @ 4.6Ghz
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. I have updated all the software that I can. I have a feeling that it has something to do with OpenGL. At the same time though, it works perfectly with many other programs that use OpenGL. :crazy: Driving me nuts.

Motherboard
Leviathan
CPU
i7 3770K @ 4.6Ghz
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
so today I decided to try full resolution with all the settings maxxed. Guess what, there was no checkerboard!!! I don't know why but seems like it is fixed!! I tested in Heaven and also no problems. One thing that I did do yesterday night was install the Java update that just came out. I don't think that did it but whatever made it work - I'm happy!

Motherboard
Leviathan
CPU
i7 3770K @ 4.6Ghz
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Well...this frustrating problem is back again. There was a software update for Starcraft 2 which I installed and the problem is back. I don't know what fixed it last time and I'm at a loss as to what to do to get rid of this problem once and for all. :cry: