Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've been very happy with my Probook 6570b running 10.9.2.
I've recently found that when I play a YouTube video that lasts longer than a couple of minutes, the audio starts getting staticky.
Restarting the video may help along with restarting the OS, but the static still comes back. I've also set the MIDI setup to 44.1 and 16 bit to see if it would make a difference...no luck.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

I've recently found that when I play a YouTube video that lasts longer than a couple of minutes, the audio starts getting staticky.
Restarting the video may help along with restarting the OS, but the static still comes back. I've also set the MIDI setup to 44.1 and 16 bit to see if it would make a difference...no luck.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

Do you happen to have any 3rd party software ? Like Boom! ?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

What browser are you using?
have you tried an alternative?
flash player up to date?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Are you using google chrome by any chance? It's a known issue, even real Macs have this problem.

I do have Soundflower installed, but nothing else like Boom.

I am using Chrome.
I'll try Opera for a while and see if I have the same issue.

Thanks!

Just lurking around in the laptop forums due to an incoming Probook which is getting the Apple treatment upon arrival.

I had this problem on my Hack Pro (desktop) and it turned out to be the Midi settings in the audio settings. I cannot remember what it is offhand, as I am not in front of my Mac, but if you change the bitrate to the highest I think, the problem disappears.

However, the setting did not stick on my Mac, I had to change it every time it happened, which was not that often, but often enough.

I don't experience the issue anymore, as I do not use the onboard sound, I use my headphone amplifier as a DAC.

Good luck, and I hope you fix the problem.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back