I5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've tried for the life of me to find a definitive guide to getting Coffee Lake CPU's to work with 10.13.6 and am at my wits end. Currently, the machine boots into 10.13.6 successfully but I can't get accelerated graphics to work.

What I've Tried
- Every clover configuration imaginable from SMBIOS (iMac 17.1 - iMac 18.3), Device>IntelGFX, and Graphics>ig-platform-id.
- Updating to the new WhateverGreen (1.2.3) and Lilu (1.2.7) kexts from this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/

The only way I can get the machine to recognize accelerated graphics is to leave Device>IntelGFX and Graphics>ig-platform-id blank and then check "Inject Intel" under Graphics. However, this configuration leaves my screen blank and I can only see the desktop by logging in remotely. Any other configuration I try results in a picture but only 7MB of NVRAM and an unusable user interface (graphics glitches).

I feel like I'm missing something glaringly obvious and I'm at the point where I'm about to throw the build out the window and go buy a mac mini and be done with it.

Does anyone have an ideas? Is there anyone that has successfully achieve graphics acceleration with 10.13.6 and Coffee Lake CPU's?

EFI attached.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.8 MB · Views: 138
i have the same questions with 10.13.6 and 10.14,
and not solved

@humphreygo This is sad to hear. I figured with the exact recommended configuration from the buying guide on this site, I wouldn't have as much trouble.

@RehabMan @P1LGRIM @Stork Do any of you have ideas on this?

@humphreygo This is sad to hear. I figured with the exact recommended configuration from the buying guide on this site, I wouldn't have as much trouble.

@RehabMan @P1LGRIM @Stork Do any of you have ideas on this?
You didn't mention the MultiBeast default iMac14, 2 which has proven to work with numerous configurations.

You didn't mention the MultiBeast default iMac14, 2 which has proven to work with numerous configurations.

You're right. I just tried iMac14,2 and achieved the same results (screen shows but ony 7mb NVRAM). This configuration has the following settings.

Inject Intel - No
Device>IntelGFX - Blank
Graphics>ig-platform-id - Blank

Do these need to have selections made on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back