Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm having a challenging time getting the installer to working on an I3-6100 in a Giga Z170N-Gaming 5. I first tried to install from a bootable Sierra USB and kept getting prohibited logo.

Then I did a fresh install of El Capitan of the same (this is a new rig) and was able to get everything up and running. Remade the USB drive, leveraged the Kexts, Config.PLIST, and AML's from my El Cap build on the Sierra USB.

Still can't get stuck with a Prohibited logo and can't reach installer.

I'm having a challenging time getting the installer to working on an I3-6100 in a Giga Z170N-Gaming 5. I first tried to install from a bootable Sierra USB and kept getting prohibited logo.

Then I did a fresh install of El Capitan of the same (this is a new rig) and was able to get everything up and running. Remade the USB drive, leveraged the Kexts, Config.PLIST, and AML's from my El Cap build on the Sierra USB.

Which system def are you using? Sierra will not work with the default 3,1.

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you
Please complete your profile correctly.

Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

Note : Most problems recently are caused by a failure to disable the Serial port (SuperIO) in BIOS settings.

Fixed by bio, but I have multiple rigs and the machine I am trying to get up and running is a Gigabyte Z170A-Gaming 5 ITX with 6100 Skylake. I was able to install El Capitan and upgrade my way to Sierra but what I want to do is USB clean install of Sierra. My Bios settings appeared to be correct, but its worth noting I can't find a Serial port to disable on this board.

I don't have USB 2.0 ports on the motherboard that I can see and have tried running the installer from all of the external ports all result in the No Go Logo. Requested boot -v linked below.

cm2cmUe.jpg

I can't find a Serial port to disable on this board.

You have one and you should disable it.

No need to host your images on third party sites, you may attach them to your posts here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back