gtx970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Sorry for my english.
I have problem with El Capitan, Nvidia gtx970, monitor 4k Dell UP3214Q.
If I switch to DP1.1 everything work fine but in resolution 4K I have only 30 Hz. 1080 work perfect with 60 Hz.

To run 60 Hz in 4K I need turn on DP1.2.
When I switch to DP1.2 OS X run ok but monitor switch to power save mode, I see only black screen.
How work with 60Hz in 4K after switching to DP1.2 ?

Same exact issue with GTX 770.

and same issue on gtx 780. no workaround using nvda_drv=1 or nvda_drv=0 sadly so stuck having to turn screen off and back on again each reboot. I think its an issue with the Dell screens / DP1.2 and mini DP, ironically windows 10 and 8 is fine.

and same issue on gtx 780. no workaround using nvda_drv=1 or nvda_drv=0 sadly so stuck having to turn screen off and back on again each reboot. I think its an issue with the Dell screens / DP1.2 and mini DP, ironically windows 10 and 8 is fine.

have you been able to get yours working in 60hz in el cap?

While I am not running a 4K monitor I have a Dell U2415 and I have no issues with DP1.2 turned on in either Yosemite or El Capitan. This is using either DP-mDP or DP-DP and a GTX 970.

Same problem here.

I found an interesting article: http://www.qnell.com/articles/1/
the writer says that switching to mac mini 6,2 should do the trick, but for me it didn't work:
I’m stuck with a black (sleeping?) graphic card after setting the smbios to Mac Mini 6,2.

I found another interesting article saying that this could be related to a problem in the
AppleGraphicsControl.kext

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/05/01/os-x-mavericks-10-9-3-build-13d55-seeded/

Unfortunately, there isn’t an entry for the mac min 6,2
Do you have any idea what my problem could be related to?

My setup:
Board
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
Graphics
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 750 OC
Monitor
LG 31MU97-B , 4096x2160 Pixel

It would be really great, if you have any idea, what I could try to get this beast running @4k, 60 Hz :)

Any fixes to this issue yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back