Contribute
Register

5K Resolution (5120x2880) via NVIDIA Drivers on Dell UltraSharp 27" Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running fresh Sierra 10.12.4 on a separate drive with Dell 5k + GTX 1070 (with pascal drivers). Works fine so far. Trying since 15 minutes to provoke the behavior.

Edit:
Trying since 30 minutes to provoke the mouse pointer with clicking on links, resizing windows, editing text and so forth. No "luck" yet, mouse pointer is fine. But it's hard to be sure that the bug is gone. Maybe someone can tell me a way how to provoke it even more.

I'll test in a few hours again.

Edit 2:
Mouse pointer bug appeared after waking monitor from sleep.
So the bug isn't ironed out yet :(

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-11 um 15.05.18.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-11 um 15.05.18.png
    328.4 KB · Views: 170
  • Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-11 um 15.04.38.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-11 um 15.04.38.png
    121.7 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Running fresh Sierra 10.12.4 on a separate drive with Dell 5k + GTX 1070 (with pascal drivers). Works fine so far. Trying since 15 minutes to provoke the behavior.

Edit:
Trying since 30 minutes to provoke the mouse pointer with clicking on links, resizing windows, editing text and so forth. No "luck" yet, mouse pointer is fine. But it's hard to be sure that the bug is gone. Maybe someone can tell me a way how to provoke it even more.

I am quite a newbie to hack. To make my gtx 1060 work, I have to install mac clover ecc ecc, use the mDP, boot with nv_disable=1, install the web drivers, reboot without the nv_disable=1 and add this in clover:
Code:
    <key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>YES</string>
        <key>InjectSystemID</key>
        <true/>
        <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>

Then use the 2 DP cables, shut down, boot with monitor off, then monitor on, and i will get 5k?

@nunziantimo
Yep, you got it. I would recommend using Clover Configurator, since you have a GUI then instead of editing config files.

Edit:

Is booting up without the 5K monitor off working? How about waking from sleep?

Is booting up without the 5K monitor off working? How about waking from sleep?
- no, Monitor has still to be powered during boot process for 5K. Otherwise it boots in 4K mode.
- Monitor sleep working fine so far (tested with 2 minutes of sleep). I don't use Mac standby though, so I can't say anything for that.

So i guess that they didn't make any changes to the 9xx series drivers to fix the cursor problem, but the 1000 series drivers has it fixed.

So i guess that they didn't make any changes to the 9xx series drivers to fix the cursor problem, but the 1000 series drivers has it fixed.
No, unfortunately not :( The bug occurred now after replying your post. Editing my post above.

Edit:
And, of course, the pascal drivers are not working with 10.11, goddammit.

Last edited:
No, unfortunately not :( The bug occurred now after replying your post. Editing my post above.

Edit:
And, of course, the pascal drivers are not working with 10.11, goddammit.

This cursor bug happens only with Wake from sleep?

It appears completely random at any time. It can happen after 10 seconds or one hour.

Thanks for sharing. I was really hoping for NVIDIA to fix these cursor issues with the new Pascal driver series. Unfortunately nothing changed to the better. Will stick to El Capitan and GTX 980 until there is a fix. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back