Contribute
Register

5K Resolution (5120x2880) via NVIDIA Drivers on Dell UltraSharp 27" Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, you need to be able to use 4K from at least two of the Nvidia ports before you can even try 5K. If you can do that with you're Nvidia card (and also two monitors at the same time if you have more than one to test), then I see no reason 5K shouldn't work, unless the driver itself is crippled.

Hi Joe, all three dp ports on my gpu drive the monitor at 4K, so that should be fine... However, no matter what combination of ports I use with dual DP 1.2 cables, I get one of two results (this is when I boot into 4K on mini dp, if I attempt a boot on the dual dpi 1.2 cables, I just get the aforementioned 2560x1440 resolution). Either a black screen or a sort of half screen if I pull the cables out and replug them. I have the nvda_drv and spanmode active, so not sure what it could be. Guess I'm just stuck at 4K due to a GPU compatibility issue. Was worth the try though. Silly to have a big expensive 5K monitor running at 3840x2160 though.

If anyone is interested in a gigabyte gtx 960 G1 4G, give us a shout, I need a GPU that just powers my monitor at 5K or am relegated to running windows 10, which I hate.

Hi Joe, all three dp ports on my gpu drive the monitor at 4K, so that should be fine... However, no matter what combination of ports I use with dual DP 1.2 cables, I get one of two results (this is when I boot into 4K on mini dp, if I attempt a boot on the dual dpi 1.2 cables, I just get the aforementioned 2560x1440 resolution). Either a black screen or a sort of half screen if I pull the cables out and replug them. I have the nvda_drv and spanmode active, so not sure what it could be. Guess I'm just stuck at 4K due to a GPU compatibility issue. Was worth the try though. Silly to have a big expensive 5K monitor running at 3840x2160 though.

If anyone is interested in a gigabyte gtx 960 G1 4G, give us a shout, I need a GPU that just powers my monitor at 5K or am relegated to running windows 10, which I hate.
Are your BIOS settings set to use EFI only (no CSM?) I don't think you've mentioned Windows 10 before. Does 4K and 5K work in Windows 10 for you?

Are your BIOS settings set to use EFI only (no CSM?) I don't think you've mentioned Windows 10 before. Does 4K and 5K work in Windows 10 for you?

I don't run windows on my hackintosh, I use my old computer for that. Will check my bios settings when home. Not quite sure by hard.

Hello. everytime i boot my Hackintosh, the system starts in the resolution as the photo. I don't like it because everything is very small on this resolution. I change it to 2560x1440 manually. but after all boot!!!!

I want to do this setting one time. I don't want to do it after every boot. Any Solutions for this problem?

Thank You.

Attachments

• Ekran Resmi 2016-07-30 11.11.jpg
    Ekran Resmi 2016-07-30 11.11.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 352
Hello. everytime i boot my Hackintosh, the system starts in the resolution as the photo. I don't like it because everything is very small on this resolution. I change it to 2560x1440 manually. but after all boot!!!!

I want to do this setting one time. I don't want to do it after every boot. Any Solutions for this problem?

Thank You.
You can try SwitchResX. It has a startup resolution option that might work.

so i got a 5k dell and a hackintosh with a 980Ti, what next to get this done ? It shows by now only 1600x1200

Does the fonts will look as good as under OS X, for Linux, with this 5k monitor ??

Has anyone had any luck getting rotation to work with 5K? If I try to do 90 degrees once I plug in the 2nd cable the display loses signal, otherwise it works at standard.

Hi,

I'm also thinking about buying this 5K panel but I'm not sure if this monitor will also work in 5K resolution.
I read that there some problems during booting, black screen, low resolution etc.
I also heared, that in 5K (when dual dp cables are connected) is skipping the BIOS boot screen.

At the moment I always have to press F2/Del to get into bios and than select UEFI drive to boot into hackintosh.

I'm a little bit confused now.

How can I fix this skipping bios screen?

Actually I'm using a GTX980Ti with latest driver (367...)
Can I use 5K in hackintosh without any mods etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back