Graphics
GTX TITAN X
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Apple, LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I can confirm that a 10.13.13 macOS with a Vega Frontier Edition (but that was the same deal with a Vega 64 8GB), nor two different nvidia 1080Ti works with the HP z27q. It stays stuck at 1/4th of its real resolution (2560x1440). What's worth is that the scaling used looks awful. When using Linux, I get the same resolution, but the text at least is sharp. Here the text is a slight blur.

This was on a Hackintosh? I am surprised the AMD's didn't work. Did you verify that both of the DisplayPort connections that you used work, by using a separate display for each?

That same card, on a real mac (mac pro 2013) worked just fine, including using those graphic cards in an external PCIe chassis (a sonnet).

You're saying that the 1080ti and the AMD cards all worked at 5K 60Hz? Does the HP z27q have an onscreen menu that states the current timing is 5K at 60Hz to verify the connection (like Dell displays have when you go into the menu)? If that's true then I wonder if the Clover boot loader is modifying the graphics to make them incompatible? Or maybe the board id used by Clover makes the graphics mode incompatible and you should try a Mac Pro 2013 board id?

Actually, with a 1080Ti, the screen worked properly, however refresh rate was just awful, when moving a window you see tearing etc..
but I read about bad version of the nvidia drivers doing that. so that may just be it
Is this with the Nvidia LG 5K patch (modified for HP) or without? Is this on the Hackintosh or the Mac Pro 2013?

Motherboard
ASRock X299 Professional Gaming XE
CPU
i9-7980xe
Graphics
Vega Frontier Edition
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android

This was on a Hackintosh? I am surprised the AMD's didn't work. Did you verify that both of the DisplayPort connections that you used work, by using a separate display for each?
Yes, it's with the amd. And the screen works just fine as well as the current connection, booting under Windows give me 5K

You're saying that the 1080ti and the AMD cards all worked at 5K 60Hz? Does the HP z27q have an onscreen menu that states the current timing is 5K at 60Hz to verify the connection (like Dell displays have when you go into the menu)? If that's true then I wonder if the Clover boot loader is modifying the graphics to make them incompatible? Or maybe the board id used by Clover makes the graphics mode incompatible and you should try a Mac Pro 2013 board id?

Is this with the Nvidia LG 5K patch (modified for HP) or without? Is this on the Hackintosh or the Mac Pro 2013?
Yes, under Windows or macos (under a real mac), then this screen works at 5K 60Hz.

Clover is configured to be an imac pro, and that screen works on A real imac pro as well (I had one on try for 2 weeks)

What's surprising under the hackintosh set-up, is that it doesn't detect when screen are hot plugged. It stays under the configuration it got booted under.
Eg if I boot with two screens, then the two screens work (albeit with the wrong resolution on the z27q).
If I unplug one screen like the main one, it doesn't reconfigure the 2nd screen to become the primary one like it does on a normal mac.
If I boot with just one screen and once finished I plug another, then the new screen will stay black.

Some of the comments here talks about starting with the 5K screen not connected and then plugin made it work. Not working with the Vega.

Maybe that's what I need to figure out first, how to mac the graphic card work with hot plugged screen,

Motherboard
Asus Z370 Prime A II
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX VEGA 64
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Any ideas? @Azimuth1 , I know you have a Z27q...please help! You are my only hope! ;)
Sorry for the late reply, but I cannot be of any help... I've been working only with AMD GPU since two years so far ...

Motherboard
ASRock X299 Professional Gaming XE
CPU
i9-7980xe
Graphics
Vega Frontier Edition
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Edit, for the record, if I change the SMBIOS name from iMacPro,1 to MacPro6,1 it all works fine, I get both of my screen in 5K...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
For the benefit of others who arrive here from Google or other forum users, I was able to get my Dell UP2715K to work with my 6700K + 1080Ti system running High Sierra 10.13.6 by using Lilu + WhateverGreen. I'm using iMac17,1 SMBIOS.

Add these boot flags:
agdpmod=pikera nv_spanmodepolicy=1

Previous users have used Lilu + NvidiaGraphicsFixup, but NvidiaGraphicsFixup has been superseded by WhateverGreen.
Also, don't use the old/deprecated flag ngfxpatch=pikera

I love using this screen! I bought it second-hand from eBay for $600 AUD delivered from the US ($435 USD)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming WIFI
CPU
i7- 8700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
iMac
For the benefit of others who arrive here from Google or other forum users, I was able to get my Dell UP2715K to work with my 6700K + 1080Ti system running High Sierra 10.13.6 by using Lilu + WhateverGreen. I'm using iMac17,1 SMBIOS.

Add these boot flags:
agdpmod=pikera nv_spanmodepolicy=1

Previous users have used Lilu + NvidiaGraphicsFixup, but NvidiaGraphicsFixup has been superseded by WhateverGreen.
Also, don't use the old/deprecated flag ngfxpatch=pikera

I love using this screen! I bought it second-hand from eBay for $600 AUD delivered from the US ($435 USD)
Insteretingly, the lg ultra fine 5k still boots into black screen in 10.13.6 with lilu and whatevergreen. The boot flag won't make any difference. The only way to get lg 5k work is by " boot with one cable and plug in the 2nd after boot into osx.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Insteretingly, the lg ultra fine 5k still boots into black screen in 10.13.6 with lilu and whatevergreen. The boot flag won't make any difference. The only way to get lg 5k work is by " boot with one cable and plug in the 2nd after boot into osx.
That sounds like quite a pain. Displays like mine and the LG 5K that rely on MST are finicky overall.

Displays like the Planar IX2790 which use a single DP 1.4 cable are definitely easier to deal with.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming WIFI
CPU
i7- 8700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
iMac
That sounds like quite a pain. Displays like mine and the LG 5K that rely on MST are finicky overall.

Displays like the Planar IX2790 which use a single DP 1.4 cable are definitely easier to deal with.
Looks like Planar is better than lg ultra fine. It has the same panel as apple mostly likely. It looks like it just mounts the iMac panel onto a different case. There is even a hole for camera but no camera. There is patch here to enable 5k resolution with single cable. So this one might work easily with hackintosh.

Motherboard
GA Z170M
CPU
I7 6700k
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1070 OC
Mac
iMac, MacBook, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@maple4444
There is patch here to enable 5k resolution with single cable. So this one might work easily with hackintosh.
Where is the Patch? I Cant find it. I have a Single Cable 5k Display and can't get the 5K resolution, just 4K.