Contribute
Register

5960x Yosemite Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
@The Veterant thanks for your encouragement!

If anyone else is struggling as I am I did get to the installer by removing all but one of the 8GB RAM modules and following the advice in this thread.

-v -f npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 debug=0x14e

(Asus X-99 Deluxe)

I also disabled the WiFi and Bluetooth in the BIOS. No idea if that made any difference.

@The Veterant thanks for your encouragement!

If anyone else is struggling as I am I did get to the installer by removing all but one of the 8GB RAM modules and following the advice in this thread.

-v -f npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 debug=0x14e

(Asus X-99 Deluxe)

I also disabled the WiFi and Bluetooth in the BIOS. No idea if that made any difference.

Not it shouldn't make any different guy, cause if you install everything you should see that the wifi in the Deluxe board is compatable with OS X, while installing the OS X yosemite you should see wifi connectivity for you to setup (If Wifi) is enable while installing. See, you see it for your self event thought identical board setup different boot flag, cause in my experience didn't have to use the debug boot flag instead I use the PCIRootUID and my setup is working, event better than my original MacMini that I own, the only thing left in my case the audio, Im working on and Im closing in, it shows in my system preferences but not luck so far. (2) things that I need to accomplish and I will, setup AUDIO and have a working OC for my 4.3Ghz, but not worries closing in, "Thats what I was train on, to accomplish missions".

Are you having any pcie issues. I have the rampage v with 5960x. Thunderbolt ex2 does not show and FireWire card stopped working. 10.10.2 works great on macpro 5,1. Grey screen on 6,1. Any ideas.

Thank you so much for this guide, it has moved me from not even being able to get to the installer (PCI configuration begin), to getting as far as doing a full install, booting from the drive, and getting through the setup to the login screen. I only had to add the nv_disable=1 due to the GTX980s.

Unfortunately it now seems stuck on logging in - I can type in my password, but then get an eternal spinning rainbow wheel. The only thing I can think of is that when I was deleting the two kexts at the start of part three, I did get a message along the lines of 'folder not empty', however the copy over didn't give any messages or errors.

Any suggestions?

Scrap that - logged in fine when I eventually gave up and rebooted.

I'm a little stuck for now as the nvidia web driver is not available for download at the moment.

Any suggestions for the best bootloader and post install options?

Hi,
I am a total noob when it comes to hackintosh. I followed this guide, and was able to install Yosemite on my system, specs:

Rampage V Extreme
5960x
Zotac GTX 970
32GB 2666MHz
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB

My GPU is not being detected. I installed using the flag nv_disable=1. I installed the web drivers from nVidia's website but it does not let me select nVidia's web driver (I select it, it asks me to reboot, and after I boot back into the OS, it still shows OS default driver selected). What to do to get it to work? I don't have any SSDT.aml file installed. Is that the issue? If so where to find an SSDT.aml file, and where to put it?

Also I can not find any boot.plist file to put the kernel flags in so I don't have to enter them at every reboot.

Kindly help.

I'm having an extremely hard time getting my system to boot off Chimera. Any help would be awesome..

I have a ASUS X99 E-WS (or I'd be using Clover) and an E5-2630v3 processor, with a Geforce 980.

The flags I'm trying to use are:
Code:
npci=0x3000 nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 debug0x14e (or whatever it was) -v -f

I can usually boot with the above flags until I install Chimera, the nvidia web drivers, and all of that. I don't think I'm setting up Multibeast correctly.(latest version) What options should I be choosing?

Most recently I tried:

USB 3 kext
8 core Sync kext (notice i'm still getting sync errors on some of the cores... is this from hyperthreading?)
Chimera
Sleep / Wake for desktop
Intel driver

For the rest of the Kexts, I followed this guide.

How can I delete kexts that were installed by Multibeast one by one?

Please help. ;(

Thanks

I'm having an extremely hard time getting my system to boot off Chimera. Any help would be awesome..

I have a ASUS X99 E-WS (or I'd be using Clover) and an E5-2630v3 processor, with a Geforce 980.

The flags I'm trying to use are:
Code:
npci=0x3000 nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 debug0x14e (or whatever it was) -v -f

I can usually boot with the above flags until I install Chimera, the nvidia web drivers, and all of that. I don't think I'm setting up Multibeast correctly.(latest version) What options should I be choosing?

Most recently I tried:

USB 3 kext
8 core Sync kext (notice i'm still getting sync errors on some of the cores... is this from hyperthreading?)
Chimera
Sleep / Wake for desktop
Intel driver

For the rest of the Kexts, I followed this guide.

How can I delete kexts that were installed by Multibeast one by one?

Please help. ;(

Thanks

What is: Sleep / Wake for desktop? Intel driver?

Did you install "Pre-edited VoodooTSCSync.kext" for 8 core CPUs.?

Go to S/L/E to remove any kext.

If the Nividia web drivers are installed you might try: -v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1

What is: Sleep / Wake for desktop? Intel driver?

Did you install "Pre-edited VoodooTSCSync.kext" for 8 core CPUs.?

Go to S/L/E to remove any kext.

If the Nividia web drivers are installed you might try: -v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1
yes pre edited from Multibeast. What's s/l/e?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back