Contribute
Register

5960x x99-e ws instant reboot even in -x or -s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did no kernel patch and not running Haswell-E patch.

Ill try your config.plist first to see how it goes with clover before goin to unibeast 6.0 (if needed). I haven't kernel patched either on yosemite, 5960x works fine as long as the two required rollback kexts are in. Is npci=0x2000 still necessart in el capitan? I know you can ditch kext-dev-mode=1

npci=0x2000 still needed for my 970.

finally got a readout on a unibeast installer to work off of....sadly unibeast doesn't work as it is clover based instead of chimera.

usbmsc Identifier (non-unique): AF327H01YE08000304 0x154b 0x7a 0x1100, 2

I tried the config.plist and same deal.

Ill try your config.plist first to see how it goes with clover before goin to unibeast 6.0 (if needed). I haven't kernel patched either on yosemite, 5960x works fine as long as the two required rollback kexts are in. Is npci=0x2000 still necessart in el capitan? I know you can ditch kext-dev-mode=1

Which rollback kexts?

/ gx

finally got a readout on a unibeast installer to work off of....sadly unibeast doesn't work as it is clover based instead of chimera.

usbmsc Identifier (non-unique): AF327H01YE08000304 0x154b 0x7a 0x1100, 2

I tried the config.plist and same deal.
A Clover based Unibeast? huh...
Supposedly Chameleon is working with El Cap although I don't know about X99 support...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/329-chameleon/

I am doubting anybody has an answer for this, but wanted to give it a try.

To give some background, 5960x and x99-e ws installs of yosemite are only possible through uni-beast, after which clover can be installed. The issue with direct clover installs is that you get an immediate reboot even if trying to boot using safe mode or single user verbose mode.

Now the big problem. The same is true for el capitan. I have been trying for several months to get to boot into the installer for el capitan with instant reboot using safe mode or single user verbose mode. I can't even read any panics in verbose because I can't get it to hang; it reads through the code too fast to read and reboots. I can easily boot back into yosemite through clover, but not the installer update on clover. I have tried every method out there over the past couple of months, disable sip, put kexts in 10.10 and 10.11 vs Other, tried all of the mac bios. nothing. I have tried clean installs and update method, again all have the same outcome. I have tried with and without nullcpupowermanagement and with and without kernel patching. The fact it is a shared problem with yosemite makes me think it is not fixable without a uni-beast release and clean install.

If there is anyone that has uncovered a solution to this problem on yosemite or el capitan can you help so that I can get the el capitan update going? Heck I'd even appreciate help finding a method to get an install hang successfully in verbose so that I can get a readout of any panics causing the reboot. Thanks!

hey i have the same config as yours and used your guide to install Yosemite and works perfectly, i was wondering if you can help me with el cap install and provide me the steps that worked for you or a install guide. 5960x - rampage v extreme - gtx 980 - 16gb ddr 4 2600mhz Thanks

hey i have the same config as yours and used your guide to install Yosemite and works perfectly, i was wondering if you can help me with el cap install and provide me the steps that worked for you or a install guide. 5960x - rampage v extreme - gtx 980 - 16gb ddr 4 2600mhz Thanks

Posted to you on another thread as well. The 5960x seems to be not compatible on el capitan at this time. I am not sure what is going to be needed at this time. It may require a new type of kernel patch or kexts. I am working on identifying the issue and part of it seems to be related to rejecting a unique identifier code, which means it probably requires patching a kext or possibly kernel.

Which rollback kexts?

/ gx

ACPIPlatform and IO---Family... Can't remember which IOfamily off the top of my head, I believe they are from 10.9.5

I just saw this thread, after posting #837 at Haswell-E + X99 Motherboard Temporary Guide - OS X 10.10 thread. The problem, if I understand correctly, is that the AppleACPIPlatform and IOPCIFamily 10.9.5 rollback kexts are required for 5960X but they can't be prelinked and cached in El Capitan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back