Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi rbbunmc,

I read you've successfully setup a configuration with X99 Motherboard, Titan x and two Samsung 4K Monitors.

I've same configuration but I've a problem with the monitors sleeping (not system sleep).
After the monitor has sleeping, they are no longer recognized by system and I do restart this.

You encounter the same problem?

Thank-you !

If your configuration with the Rampage was ok and you didn't have any kind of problems so i suggest you to buy another Rampage.
Otherwise you can buy both a X99-E-WS or a X99 deluxe...i know that other users with x99 pro had different problems related to thunderbolt card too.

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to install yosemite on my machine:
x99 rampage
32gb gskill ram
950pro 512gb
4 x 256gb ssd
2 x 4tb hgst hdd
2 x titan x

I am getting stuck at unable to find driver for this platform: ACPI.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y536/wintershrinkage/IMG_4973_zpsfz3ldihn.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
It seems a wrong cpu patch in voodoo kext...read carefully the first pages of the guide how to set a correct cpuid number in the kext.
Check also bios settings and kernel patch.

It seems a wrong cpu patch in voodoo kext...read carefully the first pages of the guide how to set a correct cpuid number in the kext.
Check also bios settings and kernel patch.

Hey,
I checked the cpu patch and it is correct (11) since I have 6 cores. I checked the bios and everything is set, except for the serial port since I dont have one. I redid everything and still couldn't get it to work. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Thank you for your quick reply NightFlyer :thumbup:

Yeah, that's a pretty expensive experiment. (we'll get the Z's 2nd hand, not crazy!) We have the budget, important we plan the right "architecture" around the cards.

I don't have enough posts to "reach out" to rbbunmc, maybe he'll swing by...

Occasionally I do to see how everybody is doing. Titan Z shouldn't really be a problem, but I wouldn't make any recommendations for a Titan. The problem is that any Titan has a ton of power (in theory), but are basically locked. My hackintosh previously ran a Titan X and now is on dual SLI Zotac AMP! Extreme 980ti. I am almost positive that most of the dual SLI issues with Titans was resolved with newer kexts. The main issue being that at last check thunderbolt drives were the only left over issue still giving memory allocation errors in some instances. I could be wrong though.

On another note, my other smaller PCs are on a Titan X or 980TI classifieds. A single one of my 980TI has the same or more power than my Titan X. My theory now is that if you are ever thinking of a Titan and 980TI is out, its best to whimper toward the $4k quadro cards that have their power unlocked.

PS as I have had a very busy past couple of months getting our dental practice / website up and running I obviously haven't had too much time to be around. thenightflyer, you seem to know what your doing pretty well so if there needs to be any updates to the PDF or files in the future, I give you free reign to modify and re-upload any of the work I have done previously.

Occasionally I do to see how everybody is doing. Titan Z shouldn't really be a problem, but I wouldn't make any recommendations for a Titan. The problem is that any Titan has a ton of power (in theory), but are basically locked. My hackintosh previously ran a Titan X and now is on dual SLI Zotac AMP! Extreme 980ti. I am almost positive that most of the dual SLI issues with Titans was resolved with newer kexts. The main issue being that at last check thunderbolt drives were the only left over issue still giving memory allocation errors in some instances. I could be wrong though.

On another note, my other smaller PCs are on a Titan X or 980TI classifieds. A single one of my 980TI has the same or more power than my Titan X. My theory now is that if you are ever thinking of a Titan and 980TI is out, its best to whimper toward the $4k quadro cards that have their power unlocked.

PS as I have had a very busy past couple of months getting our dental practice / website up and running I obviously haven't had too much time to be around. thenightflyer, you seem to know what your doing pretty well so if there needs to be any updates to the PDF or files in the future, I give you free reign to modify and re-upload any of the work I have done previously.
It's always positive to read about you ;) We hope you will have time in future to tune this build...about me i'm trying to search everyday if something new is released about X99 system..if i will have tested news about this conf i will update your perfect guide.

Any more help with this? Sorry to bother you
Try to remove your titanx cards and if you can try to install with another gpu, or a native gt 6xx or gtx 6xx or another card.
Maybe your dual titanx cards are the problem....

Try to remove your titanx cards and if you can try to install with another gpu, or a native gt 6xx or gtx 6xx or another card.Maybe your dual titanx cards are the problem....
Ok so I was able to install yosimite and at the part now to install the graphics drivers. I install the driver but when I go select nvidia web driver then restart my computer it defaults back to osx native display, any thoughts? I have disabled sli and the pci lane for my 2nd titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back