Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply - could you tell me what kexts were needed for the ethernet ports, as I don't see any ethernet kexts contained within rbbunmc's package. Appreciate the help!

Yes i can confirm you that boh ports work

Thanks for the reply - could you tell me what kexts were needed for the ethernet ports, as I don't see any ethernet kexts contained within rbbunmc's package. Appreciate the help!

They should run natively. I had to connect via Ethernet since the wifi card i was using wouldn't work w/o a kext and it just ran fine.

Try the search menu..there is a topic how to use HDMI audio.
PS about the patch i tried everything but system always reboots so if rbbunmc will not help us to solve this problem i think it's better to ignore the update.

I am using the following kext for HDMI-Audio with Radeon R9 380: HDMIAudio.kext (see attached Zip-file).

I was wondering if those of you with a x99e-ws have been able to get both Intel ethernet ports to work under Yosemite? Thanks!

I am using the following kext to use both Ethernetports on my ASUS X99-E WS: AppleIntelE1000e.kext (see attached Zip-File)

Just put them into CLOVER EFI kext folder or directly into /System/Library/Extensions.

Attachments

• AppleIntelE1000e.kext.zip
    130.3 KB · Views: 103
  • HDMIAudio.kext.zip
    15.1 KB · Views: 95
Mork, ulisis -

Thanks, am looking to get this board, and would ideally like to use both ethernet ports to work, so thanks for the help!

I am using the following kext for HDMI-Audio with Radeon R9 380: HDMIAudio.kext (see attached Zip-file).

I am using the following kext to use both Ethernetports on my ASUS X99-E WS: AppleIntelE1000e.kext (see attached Zip-File)

Just put them into CLOVER EFI kext folder or directly into /System/Library/Extensions.

Is there any update on fixing the current issue of the most recent OSX update making the system un-bootable? I only got to enjoy the OSX for three weeks :(

Is there any update on fixing the current issue of the most recent OSX update making the system un-bootable? I only got to enjoy the OSX for three weeks :(

Hi Ulisis, still no news and nobody seem to be able to help us...I installed Mavericks on another drive and i noticed there was the same security update. I did it and at reboot i had the same problem with Yosemite so i patched again the kernel and....it booted, i was able to reach Mavericks GUI again so i did the same with Yosemite, but i had no luck...always reboot after PCIConfiguration begin....
I must try with a fresh installation, before installing nvidia drivers i want to try to patch it and then to repatch kernel...i will let you know

Hi Ulisis, still no news and nobody seem to be able to help us...I installed Mavericks on another drive and i noticed there was the same security update. I did it and at reboot i had the same problem with Yosemite so i patched again the kernel and....it booted, i was able to reach Mavericks GUI again so i did the same with Yosemite, but i had no luck...always reboot after PCIConfiguration begin....
I must try with a fresh installation, before installing nvidia drivers i want to try to patch it and then to repatch kernel...i will let you know

Has this security update been added to the most recent Yosemite installer?

I think I have this exact problem; my Yosemite install reboots at PCI Configuration Begin. I tried doing a clean install using this guide, but the Chimera/Unibeast USB installer dies with "unable to find driver for this platform." Yosemite, the Yosemite installer and the El Capitan installer all reboot at PCI Configuration Begin when booting from Clover. And I stupidly cloned my hard drive right after installing the update so now my OS X installation is completely inaccessible.

The irony is that I upgraded to an X99 board because OS X wasn't behaving well with my old Z68X :/

I think I have this exact problem; my Yosemite install reboots at PCI Configuration Begin. I tried doing a clean install using this guide, but the Chimera/Unibeast USB installer dies with "unable to find driver for this platform." Yosemite, the Yosemite installer and the El Capitan installer all reboot at PCI Configuration Begin when booting from Clover. And I stupidly cloned my hard drive right after installing the update so now my OS X installation is completely inaccessible.

The irony is that I upgraded to an X99 board because OS X wasn't behaving well with my old Z68X :/

The latest Yosemite Installer from the App store does not include the security patch. It is still the one Apple uploaded since August.

I was lucky because i did a clone before the update so i tested everything with my clone....i'm becoming tired of those bugs with Yosemite...i'm thinking to downgrade to Mavericks...there are less problems!

UPDATE: I tried to solve the problem removing my TitanX and installing an old Nvidia GT610 natively supported by OSX. Of course i uninstalled nvidia web drivers and made the security update patch. I rebooted and i had the same problem of reboot after PCIConfiguration begin routine....i tried to patch again the kernel and copy old kext to Yosemite HD but this too didn't solve the problem.
So i think that updating Yosemite with this f.....g security patch it's a problem related to x99 systems, in particular Asus X99-E-WS MB and the problem of reboot it's not due to Nvidia Graphic card, Titanx or other Maxwell chip based card! So it's better to ignore the update till a solution will be posted or find by someone.

I was lucky because i did a clone before the update so i tested everything with my clone....i'm becoming tired of those bugs with Yosemite...i'm thinking to downgrade to Mavericks...there are less problems!

UPDATE: I tried to solve the problem removing my TitanX and installing an old Nvidia GT610 natively supported by OSX. Of course i uninstalled nvidia web drivers and made the security update patch. I rebooted and i had the same problem of reboot after PCIConfiguration begin routine....i tried to patch again the kernel and copy old kext to Yosemite HD but this too didn't solve the problem.
So i think that updating Yosemite with this f.....g security patch it's a problem related to x99 systems, in particular Asus X99-E-WS MB and the problem of reboot it's not due to Nvidia Graphic card, Titanx or other Maxwell chip based card! So it's better to ignore the update till a solution will be posted or find by someone.

For what it's worth, I had the web drivers working fine at 4K resolution before the update. Now when I boot with the clover flags that used to work, both cards are recognized... it's the last message before PCI configuration begin and the reboot. When I use nv_disable I see no messages about the cards, just PCI configuration begin and then reboot. I don't have another GPU to test, but I think that the rebooting in my case also has nothing to do with my GPUs.

I thought about downgrading to Mavericks, but my only working Mac is too new even to download Mavericks from the App store. It just gives me an error message about my hardware being too new to run Mavericks, so it won't let me download the installer. Grrr. I guess I'll take another stab at a fresh Yosemite install this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back