Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I'm in the same boat...
Boot loop after latest updates...
No way to boot, whatever flags, I also tried with an nVidia 770 that is natively supported by OSX but same thing.
Please someone HELP!!!!

Stefano

Hello,
I'm in the same boat...
Boot loop after latest updates...
No way to boot, whatever flags, I also tried with an nVidia 770 that is natively supported by OSX but same thing.
Please someone HELP!!!!

Stefano

I find a similar problem in another post and someone has suggested to boot in single user mode (-s boot argue), open terminal and copy old IOPCIFamily.kext and APPLEACPIFamily.kext (the ones in rbbunmac zip file) and overwrite the ones in S/L/E. Then to try again with nv_disable=1, boot and install new nvidia web drivers.
I will try this way later in the afternoon and let you know.
I wanted to try too using an old gt710 card natively supported but i assume that it's not a problem of the gpu but maybe this new security patch modifies IOPCI and APPLEACPI kexts and that's why the system reboots at PCIConfiguration begin routine...it's like we have an unpatched kernel again

Thank you for your suggestion!

Do you think I can eventually copy those files in the finder attaching the Yosemite disk to another mac? (I'm not very familiar with terminal commands...)

Stefano

Thank you for your suggestion!

Do you think I can eventually copy those files in the finder attaching the Yosemite disk to another mac? (I'm not very familiar with terminal commands...)

Stefano
Sure...an example of the terminal commands is on rbbunmc's guide...:D

Hi folks,

with the latest CLOVER Bootloader v3292 and afresh Image of OS X 10.11.1 from the AppStore i was able to install EL CAPITAN successfully on my new ASUS X99-E WS !!!

Hardware used: ASUS X99-E WS, Intel I7 5820k, 32GB Kingston Memory 2133 4x8GB RAM Sticks, SAMSUNG SM951 in onboard M.2 Slot, AMD Radeon R9 380 STRIX GFX-Card.

Made an USB Installer Stick via Clover 3292 Installer with UEFI Bootoption and the following UEFI64 drivers:

FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi
OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi

Used kexts for Clover Boot:

AppleIntelE1000e.kext
FakeSMC.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
VoodooTSCSync.kext

Everything is working flawlessly, just GFX is making problems: have to remove the AMDRadeonX4000.kext from System/Extensions folder, cause without the proper framebuffer patch it wont display anything after verbose mode booting. <--- this issue i try to fix the common days.

Just to let u all know: EL CAPITAN on ASUS X99-E WS is now possible ;-)

PS: i removed my ThunderboltEX card for 10.10.5, cause it gave me the OsxAptioFix errors all the time. Will test it tomorrow with my new configuration and will let u know, if it will work.

Thanks for letting people know about that processor, it validates it being a processor issue with 5960x and not motherboard. I'll look at trying a newer clover, but still haven't broke in with 5960x

PS: i removed my ThunderboltEX card for 10.10.5, cause it gave me the OsxAptioFix errors all the time. Will test it tomorrow with my new configuration and will let u know, if it will work.

Update to this info:

i just get the allocate memory errors, if i switch the bootvolume via F8 from within BIOS boot process.
If i select the bootvolume via Setup within BIOS (for example 1st bootdevice was my windows boot volume and i change it via setup to be my OS X bootvolume and WIN bootvolume 2nd) than everything works perfectly, booting fine w/o memory allocation errors.

So i selected my CLOVER OS X bootvolume as primary boot volume, so now i am able to select from within CLOVER to boot OS X or WINDOWS and i have no more "allocation memory error" - and i can use my ThunderboltEX card.

Just to let u know, cause it might be helpfull.

rbbunmc, please help me...i got stuck with the update problems as i describe in my last posts :banghead:

So, replacing IOPCIFamily.kext and APPLEACPIFamily.kext didn't help?
I had no chance to try yet.

So, replacing IOPCIFamily.kext and APPLEACPIFamily.kext didn't help?
I had no chance to try yet.

Ciao Stefano...i tried but i had no luck...tonight i will try with 10.9.5 kext...

I think I will reinstall Yosemite from scratch....
I need to finish a job and no time to wait.... (and no Carbon copy.. :( )

Thank you for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back