Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update nvidia driver

Update nvidia driver

With the last update I've the same problem too....how did you update nvidia drivers if we cannot reach OS X? The system doesn't boot.....can you explain how u did?

With the l'asta update I've the same problem too....how did you update nvidia drivers if we cannot reach OS X? The system doesn't boot.....can you explain how u did?
rbbunmc we need your help again...

Wait, are you saying now that you're having the same problem as me?

Boot with nv_disabile=1
Then open system preference and update nvidia driver....if the new version is ready.
Usually a security update change the system build version so the nvidia driver won't boot without being updated according to the new build number (check in about this Mac)

Boot with nv_disabile=1
Then open system preference and update nvidia driver....if the new version is ready.
Usually a security update change the system build version so the nvidia driver won't boot without being updated according to the new build number (check in about this Mac)

I added nv_disable to boot arguments in clover but it doesn't work

Try with -x -s -f

Try with -x -s -f
Before coming back to my clone made with Carbon Copy Cloner i want to solve the problem...i tried to change bootflags to -x -v -f npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 but everytime the system reach PCIConfiguration begin it reboots...so i've no chance to reach GUI and update nvidia web drivers....
Any other suggestions?

I tried these things too and they didn't work.

I tried the nv_disable=1

Then I tried adding -x -v -f (I also tried the -s even though I think that's a typo)

If I try to boot normally it will go to the apple loading screen but restart when it's about 1/6 of the way loaded.

If I do any of the bootflags it goes through that screen where it load a bunch of stuff (I don't know what it's called). And stops at various points depending on which bootflags I enabled.

I tried these things too and they didn't work.

I tried the nv_disable=1

Then I tried adding -x -v -f (I also tried the -s even though I think that's a typo)

If I try to boot normally it will go to the apple loading screen but restart when it's about 1/6 of the way loaded.

If I do any of the bootflags it goes through that screen where it load a bunch of stuff (I don't know what it's called). And stops at various points depending on which bootflags I enabled.

So i'm not alone :D
It reboots when it starts PCIConfiguration begin routine....it's impossible to log in the OSX so no way to update nvidia drivers..

Hi any/everyone. I'm running 10.9.5 on an Asus X99-Deluxe and a 5820k. I made sure to switch to Legacy mode in the BIOS & 'activated' the card in Windows, which recognizes devices plugged into it.

No matter which slot I install the card into, I get the attached KP in Mavericks with Clover but Chimera/Multibeast works fine!

Anyone know how I can get clover to pass? I tried all the various osxaptio options and still can't get it to boot

Attachments

• IMG_3725.jpg
    IMG_3725.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 109
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back