Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya that's the one I found after bit of looking.

My main problem now is that it's not letting me switch to the nvidia web driver. But that's a tomorrow problem.

Make sure you install clover on your boot HD and copy over the post install efi folder. The nvidia driver wont work when booting off the clover flash drive because nvidia disable flag on it.

Make sure you install clover on your boot HD and copy over the post install efi folder. The nvidia driver wont work when booting off the clover flash drive because nvidia disable flag on it.

Thanks. I feel like even I should have know that.*

I was just following the guide and it said to do this before installing clover on the boot drive. ‎

Thanks. I feel like even I should have know that.*

I was just following the guide and it said to do this before installing clover on the boot drive. ‎

It got me too for a couple restarts before I realized the issue.

Well, unfortunately, things are still the same as with every other guide I've tried. The OS X installer starts booting and then hangs on IOBluetoothHCIController :thumbdown:
See picture of my screen here: https://binkconsulting.be/owncloud/index.php/s/9OlhQNTPnnBLaeu

I don't have any peripherals connected, just a keyboard & mouse.
@JoelEspinoza: I'm running BIOS v2.00. Which version are you running? Could you please tell me which settings you have changed in your BIOS to make it boot?

One thing to note though: in the install guide, on page 18 is mentioned that you need to select OsxAptioFixDrv-64, but the screenshot right below that text showsOsxAptioFix2Drv-64. Which is the correct one to use please?

Sorry its been a while since ive been on here. Nothing special in bios besides disabling what the guide said. (the serial port?) Make sure you are in AHCI mode, my bios is the most recent one.

Make sure you do like he said and copy/paste the commands into a simple text editor before running them and look for spaces in line breaks. A single space in the wrong place will bring you to a complete stop.

Do you have a 5960x?

Wooo!! It's up and running!! I still got to do the sound fix and maybe the macpro bios but I don't know if I need that.

Thanks so much guys :) rbbunmc (true hero), thenightflyer, and joelespinoza, for helping me get this far.

Thankyou.jpg

Seriously.

Hey, rbbunmc.

Quick question. Can you tell me a little about the benefits of updating to the mac pro 6.1 bios?

Also you have something in your post that says "ALC1150 Native HD Audio - Gives native HD Audio for Asus x99 systems." but in the PDF you describe using different audio kext/drivers. Is there some other file I should find and download if I want the native hd audio?

Also, I have a pci-e wifi card (I know it's stupid I can't remember why I didn't just get a usb stick or something). Right now it's not working and I was wondering what you do for wifi or what you'd recommend doing if you don't use wifi.

Last question: If I want to boot into windows will that cause problems?

Thanks again :)

Hey, rbbunmc.

Quick question. Can you tell me a little about the benefits of updating to the mac pro 6.1 bios?

Also you have something in your post that says "ALC1150 Native HD Audio - Gives native HD Audio for Asus x99 systems." but in the PDF you describe using different audio kext/drivers. Is there some other file I should find and download if I want the native hd audio?

Also, I have a pci-e wifi card (I know it's stupid I can't remember why I didn't just get a usb stick or something). Right now it's not working and I was wondering what you do for wifi or what you'd recommend doing if you don't use wifi.

Last question: If I want to boot into windows will that cause problems?

Thanks again :)

No noticeable advantage to 6,1 bios really, 3,1 and 5,1 work. work. You shouldn't have issues with windows. I haven't worked with wifi, but have you tried to see if it is natively supported without additional kexts? Bluetooth is, so wifi might be. If not, the best thing is to google your wificard and word kext to identify others who have done it and the kext they installed. Audo I gave two kext files, hdaenabler1 and applehda. Go into S/L/E on your yosemite drive. If you see them in there delete them. Install these two back into S/L/E with kextwizard and repair permissions with kext wizard. If audio is working now, ignore, they were installed already. Enjoy!

Hi All,

I have just managed to start my installation of os on my machine and I am following the install guide.
I seem to be stuck on

SECTION 7: INSTALL YOSEMITE WITH UNIBEAST
step 21: Copy your kexts to the Yosemite hard drive

So just to walk you through, I have completed the installation of Yosemite on my harddrive and now i have rebooted and about to open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal to run the command to check that both

AppleACPIPlatform.kext
and
IOPCIFAMILY.kext

are present, the responce that I get from running the commands are:

'Directory not empty' (is this the correct responce?)

my next task is to copy the kexts from the USB called COPY to the Yosemite hard drive.
So I insert the COPY usb into the drive and enter the command in terminal:

cp -R /Volumes/COPY/kexts/. /Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Extensions/

i then get this msg:

-bash: /bin/cp: device not configured.

Im not sure whats happing but how would I test that terminal can detect this USB drive,
How is it best to trouble shoot this to make sure I have the right drive select in the first case.

Any help appreciated im stuck now, and i am a mac newbie :crazy:

regards

bromel

p.s i have added a screenshot of the terminal and my experiments

Attachments

• IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0156.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back