Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was both the kernel patch and the OSX installer command lines.

But there was another post from someone with a similar problem and it was recommended to copy the command text from a single line instead of from the PDF. So I did that (pasted into pages and made the text small enough to sit on one line) and it seems to be working.

Although the OS X installer is taking a while to copy the installer files to the disk....

It was both the kernel patch and the OSX installer command lines.

But there was another post from someone with a similar problem and it was recommended to copy the command text from a single line instead of from the PDF. So I did that (pasted into pages and made the text small enough to sit on one line) and it seems to be working.

Although the OS X installer is taking a while to copy the installer files to the disk....

As installer you mean UNIBEAST menu? Or installer menu in Yosemite? Did you select your proper keyboard?

I don't think I'm even that far yet.

-
Step 11: Type the following, enter password and hit enter. This command completely erases the USB,
then creates native OS X installer media from the Install OS X Yosemite Application.

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --
volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --no interaction
-

That's what I've got running right now.

The terminal says it's done erasing the disk and now it's just "Copying installer files to disk..." for about 10 minutes now.

I don't think I'm even that far yet.

-
Step 11: Type the following, enter password and hit enter. This command completely erases the USB,
then creates native OS X installer media from the Install OS X Yosemite Application.

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --
volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --no interaction
-

That's what I've got running right now.

The terminal says it's done erasing the disk and now it's just "Copying installer files to disk..." for about 10 minutes now.

Maybe this is your first attempt to create an Hackintosh....it's normal to wait more than 10 mins when you create Yosemite installer USB :)

It is my first attempt! :)

Also you are correct, it just finished.

Quick question; when running this command [ sudo perl -pi -
e 's|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3C|\x74\x11\x83\xF8\x3F|g' /Volumes/USB/System/Library/Kernels/kernel ] to patch the kernel, what does success look like?

When I ran it there was a brief pause and then it just moved to another open prompt. With this one it says "copy complete" and "done".

You will have the cursor blinking...no other msgs. Only if there is an error you will have a msg

Yes you won't see outputs and it can take 20-30 mins on yosemite usb. I have now done an install without a patched kernel on 10.10.5, but that doesn't really do anything to make it any more stable. The two roolback kexts apip and ioahc (whatever their names) are required and voodootscsync isn't required anymore) Don't really see any advantage to not using them. Still cant get el capitan, not sure if its the x99-e ws or 5960x

Thanks.

I got all the usb sticks set up and I was about to do the install when I went back and read this part.

"If you are using a system other than 5960x and Titan X you may need to adjust
things like nvda_drv=1 in the config.plist to fit your respective graphics card. You might also want
to change your resolution to your name resolution, since the file is set for mine."

I'm using a EVGA GTX 980 sc graphics card. I was wondering where I'd go to find the correct settings for it.

Edit question: Which config.plist do I edit in the EFI-post-install usb? I opened the clover configurator and it's giving me three different "acquired" plists.

Second Edit Question: How does updating OS X after an install work? I ask because the version of Yosemite I put on my usb is from july. So I'm wondering if it's better to remake the usb with a fresh download or can I update the OS X after I install it like normal?

Thanks.

I got all the usb sticks set up and I was about to do the install when I went back and read this part.

"If you are using a system other than 5960x and Titan X you may need to adjust
things like nvda_drv=1 in the config.plist to fit your respective graphics card. You might also want
to change your resolution to your name resolution, since the file is set for mine."

I'm using a EVGA GTX 980 sc graphics card. I was wondering where I'd go to find the correct settings for it.

Edit question: Which config.plist do I edit in the EFI-post-install usb? I opened the clover configurator and it's giving me three different "acquired" plists.

Second Edit Question: How does updating OS X after an install work? I ask because the version of Yosemite I put on my usb is from july. So I'm wondering if it's better to remake the usb with a fresh download or can I update the OS X after I install it like normal?

Its best to start with the newest OS X since every update can require some fiddling. My files were generated on 10.10.5 so there is a potential you could hit some issues with 10.10.4, but you can try and see. On graphics I am more referring to nvidia vs amd. The first install is the hardest as you begin to learn a large collection of terms spoken in three or more different languages (chameleon, chimera, clover etc...) The language is weird sometimes as well, you'd think inject nvidia would enable an nvidia card, but not so. My guide is a quick up and running one so people can get playing, but there is a lot you can do to make it suit you after. I use a mix of tools from different forums, but am really only active on here. There is cool stuff out there if you look. The mac runs just like a mac, well kind of... Things like graphics cards will never give you bench mark results like windows without being flashed. They still beat whats in an imac though. With OC you can really take your Mac OS X way above and beyond what a mac can do, since mac looks for efficiency over power. As for resolution, make it blank or add yours.

When I open the config.plist it takes me to a text file. Can I edit it from there or do I need to go through the clover configurator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back