Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I tried the debug=0x14e and it booted no problem. I tried to patch the kernel again as you suggested but it's still doing the same thing. Is there a way to check if the kernel is indeed patched? What does terminal show after the patch command?

Thanks!

One more question for you. Could my Clover install be failing because I am using a 10.10.5 version of OSX?

Hey r2tincan,

Did you ever get Clover installed in Yosemite from the download? I seem to be having the same issues you had. NVIDIA driver manager doesn't load in preferences and Clover install fails at the end.

How did you fix it?

Thanks!

I started over. I did install with all cards installed. My kernel wouldn't patch either so I ran the patch command on the Yosemite hard drive instead of the USB and that fixed it.

I bet your issues are related to 10.10.5

I started over. I did install with all cards installed. My kernel wouldn't patch either so I ran the patch command on the Yosemite hard drive instead of the USB and that fixed it.

I bet your issues are related to 10.10.5

What does 'starting over' entail? Format the install drive I guess? Flash BIOS?

UPDATE EDIT: I patched the kernel and copied over the 4 unibeast kexts while booted into Yosemite from the HDD and that seems to have worked. I am now booting from the UEFI partition of my boot drive.

NVIDIA web drivers are sticking, however, they're obviously not working. System Info shows graphics as 'NVIDIA Model Chip 5MB' when I actually have 2 Titan X's installed.

I'll keep trying to fix it and get update.

Yup so it's not working. The NVIDIA driver's never installed correctly and when I uninstall what's there and reinstall a fresh download it fails at the very end (validation).

I'm guess this stems from a 10.10.5 problem. Where can I get a 10.10.4 installer?

Yup so it's not working. The NVIDIA driver's never installed correctly and when I uninstall what's there and reinstall a fresh download it fails at the very end (validation).

I'm guess this stems from a 10.10.5 problem. Where can I get a 10.10.4 installer?

Hi guys,

@shlndr: I'm not sure your problem comes from 10.10.5; I'm on 10.10.4 and it looks like our problems are similar

I've got the same problem with the NVIDIA drivers. Actually the web drivers install correctly (according to the installer), but CUDA doesn't (everything seems fine during the installation but at the end, it says it failed). After the required reboot, CUDA and the driver manager display in System Preference, but when I try to open the web drivers, it says it's ''unable to open the NVIDIA Driver Manager''. Graphics are identified as ''Display 5 MB''

I tried rbbunmc install process two weeks ago. And by the way, thank you very much man for this detailed process and all the support that make that topic a must read.
Unfortunetly it failed due to an error I made, but the graphics drivers worked perfectly. I tried the new process yesterday, but I got the NVIDIA driver problem described above, and it appears now that I can only boot correctly with Clover if I remove the ''-f'' in boot options. If I don't, after I entered my session password, OSX loads indefinitely, and I never have access to the desktop. Ethernet doesn't work either, whereas it worked after the first try two weeks ago.
I'm gonna try the older installation process tomorrow to see how it works. If you guys have better ideas, let me know ! ;)

Hi guys,

@shlndr: I'm not sure your problem comes from 10.10.5; I'm on 10.10.4 and it looks like our problems are similar

I've got the same problem with the NVIDIA drivers. Actually the web drivers install correctly (according to the installer), but CUDA doesn't (everything seems fine during the installation but at the end, it says it failed). After the required reboot, CUDA and the driver manager display in System Preference, but when I try to open the web drivers, it says it's ''unable to open the NVIDIA Driver Manager''. Graphics are identified as ''Display 5 MB''

I tried rbbunmc install process two weeks ago. And by the way, thank you very much man for this detailed process and all the support that make that topic a must read.
Unfortunetly it failed due to an error I made, but the graphics drivers worked perfectly. I tried the new process yesterday, but I got the NVIDIA driver problem described above, and it appears now that I can only boot correctly with Clover if I remove the ''-f'' in boot options. If I don't, after I entered my session password, OSX loads indefinitely, and I never have access to the desktop. Ethernet doesn't work either, whereas it worked after the first try two weeks ago.
I'm gonna try the older installation process tomorrow to see how it works. If you guys have better ideas, let me know ! ;)

There is absolutely no changes made to the old files. The new files are mainly an update to get audio and MacPro 6,1 working off the bat. The MacPro 6,1 has a graphics patched kext. It is possible that including this patch prior to installing the driver is a problem. I will pull the new files and have people use the old method until I can diagnose if this is the problem. You can always go back after the fact of installing through the old method and try to patch it. The old method also includes more kexts for ethernet etc... I presumed that Asus x99 boards all shared the same ethernet as X99-E WS which is native to OSX. This might not be the case. The early method seems to be a more stable and universal method so I will just leave that on there and remove the new method. You can follow instructions to get audio, trim, and MacBios 6,1. Thanks for your help so I can keep this good for everybody.

There have been many questions... Realize OSX as 10.10.5 and El Capitan is meant to deter hacking and has the unfortunate side-effect of making it difficult for hackintosh so there are many changes coming. As I describe below Windows 10 is causing problems now as well.

1) About TrimEnabling - This should only be done the native way that I have described in the install guide. The programs out there are not guaranteed to be native and fully supported during future updates of OSX. TrimEnable is now becoming a critical part of future OSX installs and will lead to failures if not used prior to updates. Use it!

2) MacPro 6,1 Bios - X99 is best run on MacPro 6,1 for full support of features. If possible use it. It requires patching a graphics file, but worth it. You should run the most native bios

3) Windows 10 EFI - Windows 10 and Yosemite might be installed on different drives but remember that in EFI that the bootloading is still shared. Unfortunately this has consequences where a Windows 10 update can negatively effect a feature on OSx. I found this to be the case with thunderboltexII. A recent Windows 10 Update meant thunderboltexII could no longer function in yosemite... ie it killed my workaround.

I found when testing the latest 6,1 audio profile that it corrupted my ability to render out quicktimes. Not sure what kext it may be, but when I roll back to my 3,1 profile I was getting better cinebench, geekbench, and luxmark renders, and I was able to render out Quicktime again.

Regardless of this, I still salute you rbbunmc for your pushing forward with this system. It's interesting that you should say hacking is getting hard.

In my opinion Apple who boasted being pirates back in the day as opposed to being in the Navy, really needs to create a hackintosh specific installer of OSX and charge money to get it. This means people are still purchasing their OS with the understanding that they are in charge of getting the system running and apple doesn't provide support.

I have many Apple Apps on my system and OSX specific install all paid for... I would like to continue on this OSX train, but believe the conductors should supply some form of assistance getting to the station.

$12,000 for a system that I can outperform with $5500 is unacceptable in my opinion. Especially because you can no longer modify the PCI cards.

There have been many questions... Realize OSX as 10.10.5 and El Capitan is meant to deter hacking and has the unfortunate side-effect of making it difficult for hackintosh so there are many changes coming. As I describe below Windows 10 is causing problems now as well.

1) About TrimEnabling - This should only be done the native way that I have described in the install guide. The programs out there are not guaranteed to be native and fully supported during future updates of OSX. TrimEnable is now becoming a critical part of future OSX installs and will lead to failures if not used prior to updates. Use it!

2) MacPro 6,1 Bios - X99 is best run on MacPro 6,1 for full support of features. If possible use it. It requires patching a graphics file, but worth it. You should run the most native bios

3) Windows 10 EFI - Windows 10 and Yosemite might be installed on different drives but remember that in EFI that the bootloading is still shared. Unfortunately this has consequences where a Windows 10 update can negatively effect a feature on OSx. I found this to be the case with thunderboltexII. A recent Windows 10 Update meant thunderboltexII could no longer function in yosemite... ie it killed my workaround.

So, starting a Hackintosh build from a fresh install of 10.10.5 is proving to be a problem in your opinion?

I've tried the 'old install' method multiple times now and still have trouble patching the kernel in Terminal. Therefore Clover doesn't install and the NVIDIA drivers install fails.

Maybe I'll wait a bit for X99 to have more native support from Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back