Contribute
Register

5960x - Titan X - 2x Samsung 4k - Asus X99-E WS - Clover - EFI - SM951

Status
Not open for further replies.
@r2tincan - try this and update me right away on if it works so I can make it available for others. Anybody else wanting to test this in the meantime go ahead. You are testing macpro 6.1 bios and audio. Dont' do any restarts until you have completed all steps. There are 3 kexts necessary that are in the "other" folder. The EFI folder is included as well and contains an SSDT.aml file in clover/ACP/patched leave it there.

"Other" Folder contains 3 files

AppleGraphicsControl.kext <-edited kext to enable macpro 6.1
AppleHDA.kext <- patched for ALC1150
HDAEnabler1.kext <- patched for HDAudio

Step 1: into your S/L/E folder and delete those three kexts if they are present.

Step 2: In KextWizard click on Installation tab Browse for the 3 kexts in the "other" folder and select them. Destination = System/Library/Extensions Target disk = Yosemite and hit install

Step 3: Delete your old EFI folder and Paste in my EFI folder (if there is any system specific changes you need for your xeon in the new EFI folder that you had in the old EFI folder or config.plist do them now)

Step 4: Enable trim (speeds up drives and gives them full support in osx for native recognition) <- note will slow down boot time a couple of seconds.

In command

PHP:
sudo trimforce enable

Step 5: In KextWizard under maintenance tab repair your permissions and rebuild cache.

Step 6: Restart your computer and test sound

View attachment 147685
I'll try this. Thanks. Are you running 10.10.4 or 10.10.5? I know some audio files are different.

@Herb - Asus is currently testing their thunderbolt exiii addon card. I do not know if it will be compatible with x99 or only z170

http://www.kitguru.net/peripherals/...d-in-card-with-thunderbolt-3usb-type-c-ports/

Overclock settings:

Enhanced Intel speedstep technology = disabled <- Most Important for enabling overclock; the rest are preference and system/RAM specific.

My OC Settings

CPU

CPU Core Ratio = 45
CPU Core V = 1.32 V
CPU Cache V = 1.32 V
CPU Input V = 1.9 V

RAM

64GB RAM = 2800 MHz
RAM V = 1.25 V

I gave you things for 10.10.4 but I am running 10.10.5. It should work though and if not update to 10.10.5

I warn you to be very cautious of updating to 10.10.5 and make sure that you have trim enabled first. I updated my board at first and had to restart from scratch. The system went into a constant reboot on update. It could be, because I didn't enable trim first. I tried my usual technique of getting in after update ie... -x -v -f nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 and npci=0x2000 (also npci=0x3000) and nothing would let me in. I also tried booting from my clover usb and had no luck (in retrospect I realized the clover usb had 10.10.4 on it and it might have worked if 10.10.5 was on it instead). In the end I finally got 10.10.5 on by starting from scratch with 10.10.5 in unibeast and clover. El Capitan should be out within a month, so unless you don't have too much to lose I'd recommend just waiting rather than the hassle of starting from scratch for a minor update like I had to do. Not to say if you avoid my mistakes of not enabling trim and forgetting that 10.10.4 clover usb is pointless for booting into 10.10.5 you might have an easier time. :p

I gave you things for 10.10.4 but I am running 10.10.5. It should work though and if not update to 10.10.5

I warn you to be very cautious of updating to 10.10.5 and make sure that you have trim enabled first. I updated my board at first and had to restart from scratch. The system went into a constant reboot on update. It could be, because I didn't enable trim first. I tried my usual technique of getting in after update ie... -x -v -f nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 and npci=0x2000 (also npci=0x3000) and nothing would let me in. I also tried booting from my clover usb and had no luck (in retrospect I realized the clover usb had 10.10.4 on it and it might have worked if 10.10.5 was on it instead). In the end I finally got 10.10.5 on by starting from scratch with 10.10.5 in unibeast and clover. El Capitan should be out within a month, so unless you don't have too much to lose I'd recommend just waiting rather than the hassle of starting from scratch for a minor update like I had to do. Not to say if you avoid my mistakes of not enabling trim and forgetting that 10.10.4 clover usb is pointless for booting into 10.10.5 you might have an easier time. :p

Oh I wasn't along, it did happen also but in my opinion it have to do anything with TRIM, I think in my humble opinion the process was before update from 10.10.4 was to uninstall the web driver make sure to disable or edit the conflict.plist with nv_disable=1 boot flag download from App Store the update so when the computer restart all those action mention before were meet. I think that process would avoid the constant reboot that happens to us, how nows.

Thanks for your hard work on this, rbbunmc. Can you tell us which audio guide you followed in case we ever have to reproduce with a different version of the OS?

@rbbunmc Thanks for this great guide. I'd be lost without it!

I'm doing a fresh install and I've followed your guide (hopefully exactly). I'm able to complete Section 7 and boot into USB, get into Chimera and then choose Yosemite, but then Section 8 is where I get stuck.

I insert the Clover USB and restart, get into clover and choose 'Boot Mac OSX from Yosemite' but it doesnt work. It give me the attached screen then restarts the PC.

Any idea what could be causing that?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_4238.jpg

@rbbunmc Thanks for this great guide. I'd be lost without it!

I'm doing a fresh install and I've followed your guide (hopefully exactly). I'm able to complete Section 7 and boot into USB, get into Chimera and then choose Yosemite, but then Section 8 is where I get stuck.

I insert the Clover USB and restart, get into clover and choose 'Boot Mac OSX from Yosemite' but it doesnt work. It give me the attached screen then restarts the PC.

Any idea what could be causing that?

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 147972

Looks like kernel panic from unpatched kernel. You can try debug=0x14e to test if it logs in. If so then it means you didnt patch the kernel. If that doesnt work try working off of the old files and see if it gets you further. It looks to me like unpatched kernel though. Maybe it was mistyped?

Thanks for your hard work on this, rbbunmc. Can you tell us which audio guide you followed in case we ever have to reproduce with a different version of the OS?

Its a mix of patched files. I can explain it in a day or so when I have time. Basically a mix of toleda and multibeast though

Thanks, I'll give that a try. These are the old files - the new ones didn't work for me.

I removed my thunderboltEXII and the option was there. I disabled it and restarted the entire install process.

Now I have a few problems:

1. NVidia drivers won't stick. I can't select them after restart. I install, restart using UEFI and USB, and I manually put in the boot arguments "-x -v -f npci=0x3000 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1" and system boots but NVIDIA control panel says to reinstall driver. I have installed the OS twice and it does this both times.

2. Can't install clover. I get to the end of the clover install and I get an error message "Installation failed." There is no reason given. I can't find a log. :oops:

Last time I went through this process I remember not having to manually enter the boot arguments -x and nvda_drv=1, everything just worked by following your guide exactly. These last two times through I haven't changed the 4 USB drives at all, but I am not getting as far for some reason.

Last time I was able to install clover, just not boot from it.

Any idea what's going on here?

Thanks for your help.

Hey r2tincan,

Did you ever get Clover installed in Yosemite from the download? I seem to be having the same issues you had. NVIDIA driver manager doesn't load in preferences and Clover install fails at the end.

How did you fix it?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back