Titan X
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0

09/04/2015 Update

ThunderboltexII - Another fix I found to fix thunderboltexII. In your EFI folder and every subfolder within it, delete every folder that is empty and everything from the 32 bit sector ie everything with "32" in it. This helps to clear up memory of unnecessary files that won't be loaded anyway. Copy your main in config.plist from EFI/CLOVER and paste it in EFI/CLOVER/OEM/SYSTEMPRODUCTNAME and EFI/CLOVER/OEM/SYSTEMPRODUCTNAME/UEFI folders. You will see config.plist files under those folders, delete them and paste in the config.plist from your clover folder.

10.10.5 Install Ready with all features working.

The following fixes described below are made and included as fixed files for download. The install guide is now a PDF for download. If you have any problem with install please let me know. Read the guide carefully from beginning to end. You may encounter compatibility errors between 10.10.4 and 10.10.5 files. Please remember, my guide is 100% compatible with x99-E WS but I can't guarantee it for all Asus X99 boards. In most cases it should work though. Please remember #2, each person on this board has different needs and independently tinkers with their own system, as you probably will too. The install is long and easy to make little mistakes, retrace your steps. It is extremely complicated for me to know what your particular issue is, but in some cases I can. One of the most frequent questions I get is, "My system is good now, why should I update?". The answer is, if you're happy with your system than great, stay with it. I can describe benefits to you for making a particular update, but obviously there might be a drawback or two. For every feature or stability mod you make, there is a chance you might sacrifice speed, and vice versa. You can build a Mac that crushes a fully loaded MacPro, but you will must be willing to work to get it there and willing to balance speed and stability. I gratefully appreciate any help that users provide in describing fixes or ways to speed up machine. Thanks!

Trim Enabling -
Allows native support of SSD drives on OSX. Prevents corruption of data files by grouping data correctly. Prevents slow read/write speeds that occur in OSx as SSD has more files written to it. Important to be enabled for future Yosemite and El Capitan installs.

To Enable Trimforce: In terminal

PHP:
sudo trimforce enable

MacPro 6.1 bios -
Not necessary. Allows for latest support of most recent MacPro. Good for x99 systems, but MacPro 3,1 and 5,1 are probably less of a headache for most users that are new to hackintosh systems.

ALC1150 Native HD Audio - Gives native HD Audio for Asus x99 systems.

ThunderboltexII - Hopeful permanent fix with modified OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi file

Install Guide PDF =
View attachment Yosemite-10.10.5-Aug25.pdfView attachment Yosemite-10.10.5-Aug25.pdf

Geekbench OC- 64-bit multicore beats xeon 12-core E5-2697

20043682202_9c919e65a5_c.jpg

19863438378_ab2f4f7a5d_c.jpg

Screen - 2x Samsung 28" 4K Monitors

19429107804_78c2486a0a_b.jpg

Attachments

• Older Install.zip
    23.1 MB · Views: 1,528
  • Aug 25 Install 10.10,5.zip
    44.4 MB · Views: 2,906
Wow what? I thought Clover would NEVER work with X99-E WS.

Is messaging working? Sound?

Holy **** thank you.

edit: I have never installed clover so I'm not 100% sure if this means you got clover working post installation or this build is actually running clover?

Thanks so much for doing a detailed write up. I've been hoping for a way to use Clover on the x99-e ws, can't wait to try it out!

Using this guide I got clover to boot, but not in UEFI mode.

I installed nvidia web drivers and booting in "legacy" mode works with either nvidia drivers disabled or enabled.

I tried booting into UEFI mode and removing the flag nvda_drv=1 or whatever and replacing it with nv_disable=1 but clover keeps replacing it. Every time I try to boot I get a black screen and am able to press any key to go back to the Clover boot screen.

Anyone know how to fix this? What am I doing wrong?

Using GeForce 980.

Also, how do I get iMessaging working after this?

Thanks

I added -v -f to the boot flags to see what was up and I'm seeing an error:

OsxAptioFixDrv: AllocateRelocBlock(): can not allocate relocation block (0x1658D pages below 0x100000000): Not Found

edit: looks like this is the same error we heard about from last year, the one people were saying wouldn't let clover work on this board

fake edit 2: I went into windows to download the newest bios for this board, and now I can't boot OSX at all. When I select the non UEFI install the computer instantly reboots. If I select the UEFI install, same behavior, won't get past Clover boot screen.

Did windows corrupt something? I never even updated BIOS or change any settings!

I added -v -f to the boot flags to see what was up and I'm seeing an error:

OsxAptioFixDrv: AllocateRelocBlock(): can not allocate relocation block (0x1658D pages below 0x100000000): Not Found

edit: looks like this is the same error we heard about from last year, the one people were saying wouldn't let clover work on this board

fake edit 2: I went into windows to download the newest bios for this board, and now I can't boot OSX at all. When I select the non UEFI install the computer instantly reboots. If I select the UEFI install, same behavior, won't get past Clover boot screen.

Did windows corrupt something? I never even updated BIOS or change any settings!

Make sure you follow the bios section perfectly as that is a major source of the problems. The OsxAptioFixDrv error is almost a dead giveaway to you not disabling Sataport express for clover uefi to work. You should not need to install Clover from a USB. Unibeast is sufficient, and you install clover in UEFI mode by downloading clover in your booted osx. IT will automatically build the EFI mount on the harddrive and you should see it. At that point if you are using a 5960x you can use my attached EFI folder and copy in place of yours that mounted. Also make sure you are repairing disk permissions in disk utility. Try following my install exactly. If you can boot in from clover usb that is a good place to start. Give me an update as you make progress and try to use my attachments if you have a 5960x. Sound has been a no go. I try the method that toleda describes but it has done nothing but install a folder on my desktop called audio_ALC1150-10.10.4

Edit: I see you are using a Xeon with 8 core. The files I sent you will work as is. Follow my guide and use my attached files. Change the Resolution in pconfig.list if need be.

Make sure you follow the bios section perfectly as that is a major source of the problems. The OsxAptioFixDrv error is almost a dead giveaway to you not disabling Sataport express for clover uefi to work. You should not need to install Clover from a USB. Unibeast is sufficient, and you install clover in UEFI mode by downloading clover in your booted osx. IT will automatically build the EFI mount on the harddrive and you should see it. At that point if you are using a 5960x you can use my attached EFI folder and copy in place of yours that mounted. Also make sure you are repairing disk permissions in disk utility. Try following my install exactly. If you can boot in from clover usb that is a good place to start. Give me an update as you make progress and try to use my attachments if you have a 5960x. Sound has been a no go. I try the method that toleda describes but it has done nothing but install a folder on my desktop called audio_ALC1150-10.10.4

Edit: I see you are using a Xeon with 8 core. The files I sent you will work as is. Follow my guide and use my attached files. Change the Resolution in pconfig.list if need be.
I didn't see a SATA Express disable option in the section you described. Which BIOS version are you running?

In the manual the option is right above the Intel LAN controller. It's not there on my system at all.

I didn't see a SATA Express disable option in the section you described. Which BIOS version are you running?

In the manual the option is right above the Intel LAN controller. It's not there on my system at all.
I removed my thunderboltEXII and the option was there. I disabled it and restarted the entire install process.

Now I have a few problems:

1. NVidia drivers won't stick. I can't select them after restart. I install, restart using UEFI and USB, and I manually put in the boot arguments "-x -v -f npci=0x3000 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1" and system boots but NVIDIA control panel says to reinstall driver. I have installed the OS twice and it does this both times.

2. Can't install clover. I get to the end of the clover install and I get an error message "Installation failed." There is no reason given. I can't find a log. :oops:

Last time I went through this process I remember not having to manually enter the boot arguments -x and nvda_drv=1, everything just worked by following your guide exactly. These last two times through I haven't changed the 4 USB drives at all, but I am not getting as far for some reason.

Last time I was able to install clover, just not boot from it.

Any idea what's going on here?

Thanks for your help.

Also where is the log generated for the Clover GUID installer????

Also where is the log generated for the Clover GUID installer????
It's in the root directory of the target install drive.

I guess my major problem now is I can't load this msdos kext and so clover can't mount the EFI partition. Urgghh. Again, none of this happened the first time.

edit: apparently it's because I'm in safe mode or the kext is unaccessable for some other reason. ?????????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back