Graphics
XFX 5870 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
hey everyone :) my xfx 5870 is pretty loud and i have tired flashing the bios with RBE in windows and that works fine until i get past the spinning wheel at boot in mac and then im guessing macosx takes over control of the fan... leaving me with a loud fan once more... any help would be great and hopefully im posting in the right place :p

in all honesty i have no idea... the fan is running at about 50% i think... i used http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 27787&st=0 to attempt to quieten it down and it works until just before the log in screen. im only guessing but the 5870 mac pro drivers built into osx must be telling it what speed to run at? but i dont know im only guessing lol thanks for your reply :)

edit: okay after doing some searching i was using the Uakari frame buffer and by changing it (to either Zonalis or Vervetthe) fan is controlled by the gpu bios that i modded so its working :) thanks for you help i didnt know anything about a frame buffer until you replied :D (im just testing the usual things to make sure everything is still working with those buffers now) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back