Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X99 A II Pro
CPU
Intel 5820k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 1070
Hello,

I have a X99 OS X system running 10.12.3 (hesitant to update) and I have been trying to get overclocking working. This overclock is something I am doing after OS X has been installed. My 5820k is tuned in the bios to overclock to 4.5ghz at 1.3v, and while it shows as successful in Windows (Cinebench score of 1250), OS X does not seem to notice it (Cinebench Score of 960). iStats shows the multiplyer at 33 and the frequency at 3.3ghz. I have tried making an ssdt but it seems that is not working and I have tried manually putting the clock information into the config but that is not working either.

Build Specs

Asus X99 Pro-A with USB 3.1
Intel 5820k
Corsair h110i Extreme Liquid Cooler
GTX 970 Windforce 4GB
32GB Corsair RAM
Kingston 240GB m.2 SSD

Any help on getting this to work would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 299
  • SSDT-1.aml
    1.5 KB · Views: 251
I'm also having the same issue with the same board, cpu, and gpu, same amount of ram too. Anytime I remove the Null power kext, I get a kernel panic so I don't really know where to go from here. Someone please help us!

I GOT IT! Go to the Advanced Bios look for Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST) and DISABLE IT. No need to remove a NullPower like I read a billion times, just turn that setting off and as long as you configured your SSDT correctly, it should work at startup.

Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 1.09.52 AM.png

Hello I have almost the same configuration as you, the voltage of 1.3V, what is your temperature? I don't know how to shut down the Rui. My 1.1V is stable at 4.2. By the way, is your computer awake in sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back