RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.2 KB · Views: 224
If you use just the RX 580 and disable iGPU in BIOS + Latest Whatevergreen + Latest Lilu you should have DRM for iTunes. However, this may put you in the same situation as me, where I don't have acceleration for rendering in FinalCut Pro. Or you can also use iGPU but with a "shikigva=1" bootflag. Try updating clover with the latest Lilu and WEG.

• Am I getting full gfx acceleration?
    • Not without iGPU probably. Try running VDADecoderChecker it will tell you just that.
  • CPU Management?
    • Power management? Seems like this should be ok, are you having problems with sleep?
  • Am I using the correct setting in Clover to get the most out of this setup?
    • I would probably create my own SSDT to use with USBInjectAll to only enable ports that are actually in your motherboard. Now WhatEverGreen + Lilu take care of all graphic solutions but you still have to specify which intel graphics you have with AAPL-ig-platform-id.

Here are the guides I used that has put me at a near perfect Hackintosh. (I say near because DRM is still not perfect).
USB properties:

For graphics use:

If you use just the RX 580 and disable iGPU in BIOS + Latest Whatevergreen + Latest Lilu you should have DRM for iTunes. However, this may put you in the same situation as me, where I don't have acceleration for rendering in FinalCut Pro. Or you can also use iGPU but with a "shikigva=1" bootflag. Try updating clover with the latest Lilu and WEG.

• Am I getting full gfx acceleration?
    • Not without iGPU probably. Try running VDADecoderChecker it will tell you just that.
  • CPU Management?
    • Power management? Seems like this should be ok, are you having problems with sleep?
  • Am I using the correct setting in Clover to get the most out of this setup?
    • I would probably create my own SSDT to use with USBInjectAll to only enable ports that are actually in your motherboard. Now WhatEverGreen + Lilu take care of all graphic solutions but you still have to specify which intel graphics you have with AAPL-ig-platform-id.
Here are the guides I used that has put me at a near perfect Hackintosh. (I say near because DRM is still not perfect).
USB properties:

For graphics use:

From my experience, using the latest iMac SMBIOS (18,3?) and enabling the iGPU + dGPU + WG/Lilu will yield better results because you want to get your graphics to match a real iMac.

My previous Hackintosh was a 6700k and I had no issues with WG (Which has Shiki now) with iGPU + dGPU enabled together. You don't have to use the iGPU, but macOS will see it.

iTunes, Amazon Prime, Netflix (which all have DRM) worked fine.

Just my 2 cents.

From my experience, using the latest iMac SMBIOS (18,3?) and enabling the iGPU + dGPU + WG/Lilu will yield better results because you want to get your graphics to match a real iMac.

My previous Hackintosh was a 6700k and I had no issues with WG (Which has Shiki now) with iGPU + dGPU enabled together. You don't have to use the iGPU, but macOS will see it.

iTunes, Amazon Prime, Netflix (which all have DRM) worked fine.

Just my 0.02 cents
I am using SMBIOS iMac 18,3. So as of this moment you have both dGPU + iGPU (Bios enabled) with WEG+Lilu and you're iTunes, Netflix, etc. DRM is working? If so, did you have to use a Shiki flag or anything? My problem is that I can't have both DRM and FCPX both working simultaneously. One breaks the other...

I am using SMBIOS iMac 18,3. So as of this moment you have both dGPU + iGPU (Bios enabled) with WEG+Lilu and you're iTunes, Netflix, etc. DRM is working? If so, did you have to use a Shiki flag or anything? My problem is that I can't have both DRM and FCPX both working simultaneously. One breaks the other...

I sold off that previous system but yeah it worked fine.

However I had not tried what you are doing with fcpx and drm.

There are some flags on WG GitHub that might be worth a try.

Is it possible to avoid doing what your doing and just play DRM iTunes files directly somehow?

I sold off that previous system but yeah it worked fine.

However I had not tried what you are doing with fcpx and drm.

There are some flags on WG GitHub that might be worth a try.

Is it possible to avoid doing what your doing and just play DRM iTunes files directly somehow?
Yeah of course, I could just disable iGPU in BIOS or download the files but I was just trying to satisfy my OCD into having a perfectly working system :mrgreen:

Yeah of course, I could just disable iGPU in BIOS or download the files but I was just trying to satisfy my OCD into having a perfectly working system :mrgreen:

It will never be perfect :D

I have OCD too, and my current setup is as close as possible to a solid setup and there are still quirks. Spent hundreds of hours tweaking, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back