Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus Hero XI
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
GTX 1070
Hey guys,

I got HDMI Audio on 10.7.2 with Sapphire 5770. I have three monitors connected. One is a Plasma 42" to watch movies over Plex. My connections are Displayport -> Dell u2711 / DVI -> Dell u2711 / HDMI -> Plasma TV

The Dell Monitors offer Audio over DP which is recognized by OSX. The strange thing here is that in Sound Preferences it either shows both (HDMI and DP) as Displayport or both as HDMI (as seen in the pic)

Now to my question:
When the computer gets out of sleep the audio output switches to the Dell Displayport. So everytime the computer gets out of sleep I have to go to sound preferences and change sound output bac to HDMI again (so I can hear sound in Plex)

I'm not using the Displayport Audio and I would be fine with deactivating it. It showed up after I patched DSDT PEGP section to enable HDMI Audio...

Does anyone of you know if there is a way to disable Displayport Audio or at least not having it switch back to it everytime it wakes up from sleep?

OcUvP.png

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 63
mrchrister said:
Hey guys,

I got HDMI Audio on 10.7.2 with Sapphire 5770. I have three monitors connected. One is a Plasma 42" to watch movies over Plex. My connections are Displayport -> Dell u2711 / DVI -> Dell u2711 / HDMI -> Plasma TV

Does anyone of you know if there is a way to disable Displayport Audio or at least not having it switch back to it everytime it wakes up from sleep?
This is a high class problem, too much HDMI audio. Two suggestions:
1. Create a Multi-Output device in Audio MIDI Setup/Audio Devices/+/Multi-Output Device and select that. No idea if it survives sleep or restart.
2. Edit ATI5000Controller binary/Vervet (or the frame buffer of your choice)/DP sense_id so it no longer matches the 5770 Bios.
Reply with results.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Option 1 doesnt work unfortunately because both devices are the same output, so I can't even choose two outputs to combine...

DYqB8.png
Wv6Vg.png

With option 2 I'm a bit stuck... I read HDMI_Audio_Kext_Verification.pdf and I opened ATI5000Framebuffer with Hexedit but if I search for sense_id I dont find anything! Could you give me a hint on how to do this?

mrchrister said:
Thanks for the quick reply!
Option 1 doesnt work unfortunately because both devices are the same output, so I can't even choose two outputs to combine...

With option 2 I'm a bit stuck... I read HDMI_Audio_Kext_Verification.pdf and I opened ATI5000Framebuffer with Hexedit but if I search for sense_id I dont find anything! Could you give me a hint on how to do this?
Sorry, should have tested 1 before I suggested it. I got the same result with my 6870. Regarding 2, download amd_hd_5xxx-6xxx_hdmi_audio_case_studies, attachment 9 http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=32037.

See Sapphire 5770/Vervet

DP is the first connector and HDMI audio sense_id is last entry.

Backup ATI5000Controller.kext

Suggest: HexEdit ATI5000Controller binary
Find: 00 04 00 00 00 04 00 00 00 71 00 00 12 04 04 02
Replace: 00 04 00 00 00 04 00 00 00 71 00 00 12 04 04 05

To enable DP audio, install the backup.
The edit is required after each OS X update.

Hey Toleda,

thanks for your response, I actually didnt see that you responded, sorry for the late reply!
Tonight this was driving me nuts again. I watched something on Plex on the third screen, turned the displays off. Came back to the computer, turned display back on and sound got reset to Displayport Out...

I edited the file and made sure changes were applied. Unfortunately it didnt have any effect!
I found the hex string twice in ATI5000Controller and replaced both instances but I still have HDMI and Diplayport Audio. I read the pdf and was happy to see that the Saphhire I own is a perfect match for OSX. I still can't believe I have more working than I want to :)

Do you have any other ideas what changes to make?

i used kext utility for lion to install it... i turned down the volume and will check if it works! thanks for your help mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back