Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. Apple
  3. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Is 2560x1600 possible and bootable?

My GA-X58A-UD3R-r2 (FB) is working great via the iBoot+Multibeast.

My only problem seems to be on this display. I have an older (smaller) Apple Cinema Display that worked fine, however when I switched to my 30" Cinema Display, I lost the ability to reboot and have graphic work. I have to unplug and replug the DVI connector and it works fine. I've reloaded and get the same result. Am I just being a bonehead and can't see my error, or is there something I need to do to get 2560x1600 bootable?

Jack

jacknva said:
Is 2560x1600 possible and bootable?

My GA-X58A-UD3R-r2 (FB) is working great via the iBoot+Multibeast.

My only problem seems to be on this display. I have an older (smaller) Apple Cinema Display that worked fine, however when I switched to my 30" Cinema Display, I lost the ability to reboot and have graphic work. I have to unplug and replug the DVI connector and it works fine. I've reloaded and get the same result. Am I just being a bonehead and can't see my error, or is there something I need to do to get 2560x1600 bootable?

Jack
Are you using a dual link cable?

I am currently using the DVI male plug that came with my Monitor and in the past plugged into my older G5 Quad.

So, I think the answer is no. If I should get the Adapter (MB571Z/A ?), I'll order or pick one up today?

I am using a 30 inch display with a sapphire 5770. I boot straight into full screen with no issues so the software shouldn't be an issue.

I did get speckling off one of the dvi ports, but when I changed to the other everything is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back