1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
do you recall what Multibeast selections you made in regards to your Graphics card and the built in HDMI audio? I currently use my Sound-blaster XFI USB, but still should have the drivers for the card installed. And I'm stumped on the "repair permissions" part of your comment. If you could elaborate on that more it would be greatly appreciated. THANKS in advance!

It would be nice to have a XFI card, but I am just using the onboard audio. So using multibeast and reinstalling the drivers worked fine, but somewhere between the upgrade from the App Store and the Combo update, my permissions were way out of whack. I just used Disk Utility to fix some things up.

When I used multibeast, I did not select any graphic drivers, just the basics for network card, audio and EasyBeast was ideal for my setup. I had to follow these instructions found here in these links to get my graphics working flawlessly. Up until the 10.8.3 update I have had no issues.
Links:
After a day of testing, anything with graphics is locking up my system. If screensaver kicks on, it locks up before it can load. I am assuming here, I need to follow the steps and reinstall the Nvidia graphic kexts again? Are there updated kexts for 10.8.3?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87-UD3H
CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I one freeze today on 10.8.2 while watching a fullscreen video from the apple website, but the video card driver restarted and i did not had to do a reset of the pc.
Except that, 10.8.2 runs great, i even overclocked the fsb with c1e and eist active and it all works like a charm , i get around 7750 geekbench score.

Motherboard
Gigabyte EP45-UD3R, OSX 10.8.3
CPU
Q8200
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 560
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I also have random freezes (10.8.3) with a GTX 560 no Ti. My Solution was to uninstall CUDA, cause i don't need it. Now the System seems to be stable, no freeze since 48 hours.

Motherboard
Gigabyte X38-DQ6 F5 BIOS / G-Skill 4x2GB DRRII 800 / Corsair Force Series 3 SSD
CPU
(The almighty) Intel Q6600
Graphics
Nvidia GTX550Ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Same thing happens to me, GTX550Ti. When my screensaver (Fliqrlo) was on it always crashed. I now changed it by apple word of the day screensaver and it doesn't seem to crash. During use it only crashed once when i was opening a dropbox folder with 1000+ pictures with preview enabled. I'm using default driver. Wondering if installing CUDA drivers would be good or bad. Any suggestions?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P - Windows 8 and Mountain Lion dual boot
CPU
Intel - i5 2500k @ 4.30Ghz
Graphics
Nvidia Asus 560ti DC II TOP
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Same thing happens to me, GTX550Ti. When my screensaver (Fliqrlo) was on it always crashed. I now changed it by apple word of the day screensaver and it doesn't seem to crash. During use it only crashed once when i was opening a dropbox folder with 1000+ pictures with preview enabled. I'm using default driver. Wondering if installing CUDA drivers would be good or bad. Any suggestions?
I have found in my personal testing installing the CUDA drivers doesn't really make a difference

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a GTX 560 that was running smoothly on 10.8.2 but freezing on 10.8.3 as well, primarily when I was tabbing around or closing Google Chrome.

So I have tried these so far:
* Uninstall flash/reinstall
* Disk utility repair permissions
* Onyx maintenance items as mentioned earlier
* Uninstall/Reinstall Chrome

Just tried launching the screen saver to see if that made it freeze and it hasn't yet, will keep everyone posted.

Motherboard
Gigabyte X38-DQ6 F5 BIOS / G-Skill 4x2GB DRRII 800 / Corsair Force Series 3 SSD
CPU
(The almighty) Intel Q6600
Graphics
Nvidia GTX550Ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Just tried launching the screen saver to see if that made it freeze and it hasn't yet, will keep everyone posted.

It takes a few minutes...

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Nope, looks like it's still doing it. After I tried the previous items it seemed to work well for a while: Tried a geekbench test, played a game of Starcraft 2, etc. but once I returned after 30 min and tried the screensaver again it froze. The two other things I haven't tried yet are:

* Combo update
* CUDA drivers instead of the stock Apple 10.8.3

If those don't work I'll probably rebuild with 10.8.2

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P - Windows 8 and Mountain Lion dual boot
CPU
Intel - i5 2500k @ 4.30Ghz
Graphics
Nvidia Asus 560ti DC II TOP
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Nope, looks like it's still doing it. After I tried the previous items it seemed to work well for a while: Tried a geekbench test, played a game of Starcraft 2, etc. but once I returned after 30 min and tried the screensaver again it froze. The two other things I haven't tried yet are:

* Combo update
* CUDA drivers instead of the stock Apple 10.8.3

If those don't work I'll probably rebuild with 10.8.2
One thing to try which has apparently worked for someone else in the forum is completely disabling onboard graphics. Haven't yet tried this as I'm running my brothers 650 until the weekend as I can't be dealing with the down-time due to work but it seems worth a try :)

Quote from thread:
Went into the BIOS and disabled the onboard graphics and set the initial display to PEG. The system boots quickly, and I haven't had any issues so far. Sleep and wake are working now also.

Motherboard
Asus - Essentio Desktop CM6730-US005S
CPU
3.17 GHz Intel 3rd Gen Core i5
Graphics
GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
One thing to try which has apparently worked for someone else in the forum is completely disabling onboard graphics. Haven't yet tried this as I'm running my brothers 650 until the weekend as I can't be dealing with the down-time due to work but it seems worth a try :)

Quote from thread:
I will try disabling the on board graphics and then let you know.
I want to try the CUDA removal but I dont know if it is installed and how to remove it if it is.