CPU
i5-760
Graphics
GTX 760
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Yeah I also used the combo update, fixed permissions then ran multi-beast for audio.

Another thing to add I have also tonymac straight up say the mid rangle 500 series cards just simply don't have stability with the latest drivers and advises people to try and sell them for a 600 series card to avoid future problems but it's something i'd like to avoid if possible XD

That's unacceptable.

I don't have the money to invest on another card. I would love to have a GTX 670 but I can't afford it.

In my country, we have exchange control and only have 400$ per year to buy stuff online. I already expended that money on a phone and buy more $$ is so expensive. For example, the price for a GTX 670 is about $390, if I use Venezuelan Bolivars, I need to spend like Bs. 9000, which in turn at the official exchange rate, I end up paying like 1400$!!!! That's insane.

When I get home, I'll try Apple's 10.8.2 kexts to see if it improves.

Cheers!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P - Windows 8 and Mountain Lion dual boot
CPU
Intel - i5 2500k @ 4.30Ghz
Graphics
Nvidia Asus 560ti DC II TOP
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
That's unacceptable.

I don't have the money to invest on another card. I would love to have a GTX 670 but I can't afford it.

In my country, we have exchange control and only have 400$ per year to buy stuff online. I already expended that money on a phone and buy more $$ is so expensive. For example, the price for a GTX 670 is about $390, if I use Venezuelan Bolivars, I need to spend like Bs. 9000, which in turn at the official exchange rate, I end up paying like 1400$!!!! That's insane.

When I get home, I'll try Apple's 10.8.2 kexts to see if it improves.

Cheers!
I doubt this will be the end all of the 400/500 series cards but I think we are going to have to battle with waiting for work arounds/fixes which isn't ideal

Motherboard
MSI P67A-G43
CPU
i5-2300
Graphics
EVGA GTX 550 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Installed the Combo update, and lost audio. I did have re-use Multibest and get things fixed up and repair permissions and so far so good. No freezing, but still haven't tested things completely

Motherboard
Asus - Essentio Desktop CM6730-US005S
CPU
3.17 GHz Intel 3rd Gen Core i5
Graphics
GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Installed the Combo update, and lost audio. I did have re-use Multibest and get things fixed up and repair permissions and so far so good. No freezing, but still haven't tested things completely

do you recall what Multibeast selections you made in regards to your Graphics card and the built in HDMI audio? I currently use my Sound-blaster XFI USB, but still should have the drivers for the card installed. And I'm stumped on the "repair permissions" part of your comment. If you could elaborate on that more it would be greatly appreciated. THANKS in advance!

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
do you recall what Multibeast selections you made in regards to your Graphics card and the built in HDMI audio? I currently use my Sound-blaster XFI USB, but still should have the drivers for the card installed. And I'm stumped on the "repair permissions" part of your comment. If you could elaborate on that more it would be greatly appreciated. THANKS in advance!
Whenever you do an OS update it's always best to repair the permissions before restarting. Best thing to do it try running Disk utility and select your install and try and repair permissions that way. Sometimes it won't work, if ether it doesn't work or after just for safe measure run kext utility also to repair your System/Library/Extensions permissions before rebooting :)

Motherboard
Asus - Essentio Desktop CM6730-US005S
CPU
3.17 GHz Intel 3rd Gen Core i5
Graphics
GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Whenever you do an OS update it's always best to repair the permissions before restarting. Best thing to do it try running Disk utility and select your install and try and repair permissions that way. Sometimes it won't work, if ether it doesn't work or after just for safe measure run kext utility also to repair your System/Library/Extensions permissions before rebooting :)

Thank you much, I will try that when I get home!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87-UD3H
CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Same problem here on a GTX 550ti, 10.8.2 with default drivers works perfectly, after installing the store downloaded 10.8.3 installESD, freeze with NVDA OpenGL timeout error.

Depressing, and in romania, a GTX 660ti is much about as much as we earn per month. so no go for now....i'm back on 10.8.2.

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Same problem here on a GTX 550ti, 10.8.2 with default drivers works perfectly, after installing the store downloaded 10.8.3 installESD, freeze with NVDA OpenGL timeout error.

Depressing, and in romania, a GTX 660ti is much about as much as we earn per month. so no go for now....i'm back on 10.8.2.
Yeah by the looks of things any card from the 500 series and down are having issues with the latest drivers. I have since swapped out my 560ti for my brothers EVGA 650 and the latest drivers work fine. I'm sure a fix for this will get developed but none the less it's annoying to say the least

Motherboard
Powermac G5 Case , Sabertooth X79 2011
CPU
i7 3930
Graphics
Geforce GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've had the same random freezes with my 560Ti after 10.8.3 update, tried a number of 'fixes', and these two worked for me, I'm fairly new to hackintosh, and only my second build , so these 'solutions' could be coincidental?

I was getting random freezes every hour or so, after I uninstalled flash , the random freezes were far less frequent (1/2 per day)

I then ran OnyX, using 'maintenance' I ran 'Permissions' 'scripts' and 'rebuild'

Since then (2 days ) I haven't had any random freezes, I'm going to leave it another couple of days before I re-install flash to see if that effects anything?

'Fixes' that didn't work:-
Changing SMBIOS
Adding another admin user account and using that account
Rolling back java

As I say, I'm fairly new to this and still a bit wary digging under the bonnet too much, but these fixes , without understanding why seem to work for me.

I'll report back in the thread any progress (or lack of)

My geekbench/Unigine/Luxmark scores have remained pretty much the same pre and post 10.8.3 update

Motherboard
OSX 10.8.2, W7 dual boot
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
Gygabite GTX560Ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have same problem GTX560-ti. Random freezes after update 1.8.3.
In 1.8.2 the system ran smooth and very stable.
I hope anyone can find a solution for this problem