Contribute
Register

560 Ti: Coloured squares and crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albertsw said:
Just curious how big the rom file is. I don't Windows installed and I would have to get a drive to install it on.
If its not to big can someone post it for the 560 non ti?
Thanks

Ok - so see if you can find your EXACT VGA ROM from here - http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/

*note (for me none of them worked as they did not have my exact card model... e.g.. EVGA 560 non-ti Super-clocked) Use at your own risk (e.g more colored squared crashes)

irontony said:
Albertsw said:
Just curious how big the rom file is. I don't Windows installed and I would have to get a drive to install it on.
If its not to big can someone post it for the 560 non ti?
Thanks

Ok - so see if you can find your EXACT VGA ROM from here - http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/

*note (for me none of them worked as they did not have my exact card model... e.g.. EVGA 560 non-ti Super-clocked) Use at your own risk (e.g more colored squared crashes)

We have the exact same cards.
I just don't have a copy of windows or a place to install it to so sense our cards are identical could you just post your ROM for me to use?
Thank you

Well, the ROM didn't work :(

I got up yesterday and found the squares all over the screen again. Due to the high-pitched whine that I got in Windows, I'm going to try replacing the card and at the very least the replacement shouldn't whine. Hopefully I won't get the squares either!

Well, the ROM didn't work :(

I got up yesterday and found the squares all over the screen again. Due to the high-pitched whine that I got in Windows, I'm going to try replacing the card and at the very least the replacement shouldn't whine. Hopefully I won't get the squares either!

That sucks! Did the ROM help at all?

Yes I did. Thank you. So far I havnt seen any freezes or color squares but that would only happen about twice a week so I don't know yet if it fixed it.

Well, time for an update. I received a replacement card and installed it a week ago. No crashes, no squares! :D

Although it was intermittent before, since it's been a week I think it's safe to say that it's sorted now. So it was the card after all. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

I've probably jinxed it now...

Well, time for an update. I received a replacement card and installed it a week ago. No crashes, no squares! :D

Although it was intermittent before, since it's been a week I think it's safe to say that it's sorted now. So it was the card after all. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

I've probably jinxed it now...

Sorry but are you using the ROM or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back