Contribute
Register

5 minute startup time fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
CPU
Intel Core i7 i7-4790K CPU (Quad Core 4GHz, Socket H3 LGA-1150)
Graphics
Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB
I've got a couple of issues with my machine and need to update/fix it. It started as a sierra install and has been updated through high sierra and then to Mojave.

The issues are these:
Long start up time
No JPG previews

The startup time goes something like this (with timestamps in minutes and seconds)
0m04s - Gigabyte logo appears
0m40s - Welcome to Clover 5102 ... testing hardware ...
1m14s - Welcome to Clover 5102 ... user settings ...
1m24s - Welcome to Clover 5102 ... scan entries ...
2m42s - Welcome to Clover 5102 - (choice of disks to boot from)
3m50s - Apple logo appears
5m20s - OSX Mojave appears (Finder, desktop etc)

Can someone please outline the best approach to fixing this. I only revisit these things from time to time to keep the system going so I'm far from an advanced user. I'm not asking for a complete breakdown, just a nudge in the right direction as there seem to be numerous ways to install and maintain the EFI configs and files etc.

Thanks

(My system profile is all up to date)

I was following this thread (below) and trying to create a working test USB boot drive following the same kexts etc, but on creating a new clover on the flash drive there were some differences, and I while I was able to use the kext and driver installers I didn't know the best settings to use in the rest of the Clover Configurator. I then wondered if I should just clone my working EFI (with the long startup time) and then try and tweak that. Anyway, my point was, I wonder if even that is the best approach. This is why I thought maybe I should ask for a basic troubleshooting outline for my situation before I proceed any further. It's not lack of reading or trying!

I was following this thread (below) and trying to create a working test USB boot drive following the same kexts etc, but on creating a new clover on the flash drive there were some differences, and I while I was able to use the kext and driver installers I didn't know the best settings to use in the rest of the Clover Configurator. I then wondered if I should just clone my working EFI (with the long startup time) and then try and tweak that. Anyway, my point was, I wonder if even that is the best approach. This is why I thought maybe I should ask for a basic troubleshooting outline for my situation before I proceed any further. It's not lack of reading or trying!

Hi there.

I would just create a standard UniBeast installer USB drive and use that to boot your system and test times.

To install Mojave just use our guide:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back