Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So the other days releasing of the "New iPad" (lol what ever that name is about) and iOS 5.1 I guess it was a pretty good week for some. I obviously didn't much care about this as I am not into the iPad revolution. Listening to people and there crazy talk about how the iPad is going to replace the desktop computer is balderdash I say! I know where I work the iPad would be useless to replace our desktops. Also with the extent of gaming I do and the fact that my monitor is 27" of pure noob pwnage while gaming is just not happening.

Also what is up with that name, "New iPad" wtf lol. "Hey mom can I get the New iPad for my birthday?" "Sure honey." and a couple weeks later the guy is opening up a NEW iPad 1 as it's new and because it was cheap and the mom was thinking she could skimp out on cost not thinking the son meant the "New" iPad 3 lol. Now some guy is pissed and some mom is crying in the kitchen because she has failed her son. :(

But man way off topic, this is about the fact that I got around to updating my iPhone 4S today, only because I wanted to use the phone but it had an update to do before I could use it. Thank god I wasn't getting attack by a honey badger or a wolverine because my ninja skills are good, those animals are squirrely! Almost like this one time I was camping up by the Mogion Rim in northern Arizona and how we came across the Mogion monsters secret lair. We where all armed to the teeth with the best weapons we can arm ourselves with, some plastic cutlery and tin foil formed into jailhouse shivs but we did not encounter the monster that day. Only found raided campsite supplies and garbage.

Holy cow, where we discussing the iOS 5.1 update and we got off track yet again. So I got to getting it done, not by choice. The new software update has some new features added to it to make your iOS adventures more fun. I'm not going to go over them all because I can only guess that 99% of you have already done so. What I really want to point out is after the update my 3G indicator turned into a 4G indicator.

I was like holy crap the little iPhone gnomes that built my phone some how replaced a chip inside it to run LTE network but alas it wasn't and they didn't. What AT&T so nicely did was indicate when the 4S is in HSPA+ network. This is not LTE 4G speeds but it is a tad better then 3G. It was reported that AT&T was using this tactic as a marketing tool by some. I call it false advertising.

I do like that they bumped up the network some to HSPA+ and that will speed up my net usage but whats the point when I hit a certain amount of use to have AT&T throttle it back.

I am happy and cannot wait to test out the supposed battery fix. I had to shut off all my notifications, location tools and screen brightness just to hold onto some sort of battery life for a workday. I mean WTF Apple, you don't want to use Flash because of battery drain but yet the 4S's battery drain is horrible. Which takes me back to the honey badger and wolverine attack, nothing like a dead battery to call for back up.

I mean I'd even try to use the flashlight app to send a Bat signal into the sky but the battery is dead. I can throw it at one attacker but it leaves me prey to the other one. Because of it's slim rectangle design I am unable to utilize it as a boomerang and get both my foes in a single swoop. Kinda like that dude on Mad Max and using that sharp ass boomerang as the most bad ass weapon used in an 80's move besides those ice bullets in Runaway with Tom Selleck.

God I miss Magnum P.I. :(

So all in all us 4S users are not on 4G no matter what AT&T tells you.
We are a tad better in speeds now from 3G but that is about it. Oh and if you have a chance or are able too, try to talk to Siri in Japanese, another new iOS 5.1 feature :D

eelhead

I think the reason they went with the "new" iPad is because they are trying to phase out the numbering system. I mean you don't see us calling the imac the iMac 10 or whatever it is on right now. Like you talked about the talk about it replacing the desktop, I think they're trying to name it more like a desk top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back