Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX670 OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I have read people complaining about lack of 4K 60Hz but 4K 30Hz seems to be working correctly. I just ordered a vizio 70" 4K TV (http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-M70-C3-70-Inch-Ultra-Smart/dp/B00T63YVAM) and am curious if my sandy bridge (nvidia GT640, i5 2500k, 16GB, GA-H61M-USB3-B3 hackitosh running 10.10.4 is going to support 4K or not.

I am not a gamer so I would assume that not having 60hz shouldn't be an issue for me as I normally just stream movies and use the system as an HTPC. I do want the resolution since I have significant 4K content and all the photos that I take are 4K and above.

TV doesn't get delivered until Monday so any insight would be greatly appreciated. If this means a graphics card upgrade then I am fine with that. I know that my hackintosh is slightly dated but if it can run 4K then it has all the pieces that I need for an HTPC so would rather not have to upgrade

I think the GT 640 has HDMI 1.4 which is limited to 30Hz @ 4K.

I am getting audio lag when streaming video. It seems like a video card issue. Any idea which cards are 60hz?

970 - 980, but if the Tv does not have Display Port don't bother. OS X does not support hdmi 2

Thanks, looks like I have to hope that el capitan supports it

Vizio 4K tv via HDMI work perfect with GTX 740 OOB with Yosemite, but will not with El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back