Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Ultra
CPU
I7 9700K
Graphics
RTX 2080 Ti
Could anyone tell me please if a Mac mini does have 60Hz - HDMI 2.0 - 4:4:4 at 3840 x 2160 ?
I'd like to buy one and connect it to my 55 inches Samsung TV ( Q90R ) which has 4 HDMI 2.0 ports
Thank you in advance

Last edited:
What Apple says about video support for the '18 Mac mini

Two displays with 4096-by-2304 resolution at 60Hz connected via Thunderbolt 3 plus one display with 4096-by-2160 resolution at 60Hz connected via HDMI 2.0

Chroma 4:4:4 will depend on the TV that you connect it to. I'd guess that your Samsung does support that.

Last edited:
Okay, so it should work at 3840 x 2160, 60 Hz with HDMI 2.0 ??
Yes, my TV does support Chroma 4:4:4
Thank you

Last edited:
Thanks a million, trs96
By the way, HDMI cables : I saw some HDMI cables on Amazon, with 45 euro, and some cheaper with 13-14 euro
What is actually the difference, generally speaking ? I'm using right now Windows 10 x64, Intel I7 9700K, 32 GB DDR4, Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, RTX 2080 Ti, mostly for gaming ( flight simulators 95 % )
Does it make a difference if I get an expensiver HDMI 2.0 cable ?
Does it help with the image quality ( a bit of color banding, sometimes ) ??
If I get a Mac Mini, I'd like to use my mouse and keyboard ( mouse Logitech G502 - keyboard Logitech G510S ) and I'm not which hardware ( KVM Switch ) would help
Could you please give me an advice ?

Will this work ? Does it add inputlag ?

Thanks a million, trs96
By the way, HDMI cables : I saw some HDMI cables on Amazon, with 45 euro, and some cheaper with 13-14 euro
What is actually the difference, generally speaking ? I'm using right now Windows 10 x64, Intel I7 9700K, 32 GB DDR4, Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, RTX 2080 Ti, mostly for gaming ( flight simulators 95 % )
If I get a Mac Mini, I'd like to use my mouse and keyboard ( mouse Logitech G502 - keyboard Logitech G510S ) and I'm not which hardware ( KVM Switch ) would help

I've never used one but I know that @Stork does use one regularly (maybe a different brand) so he might have some ideas.

Thanks
What about the HDMI cable question ?

Thanks
What about the HDMI cable question ?
I wouldn't spend 40 Euros or more, there are good ones for about half that price. Read some reviews to get an idea.

Thanks a million, trs96

I've never used one but I know that @Stork does use one regularly (maybe a different brand) so he might have some ideas.
I'm not familiar with the Aten brand. I use IOGear KVM switches which have very good reviews on Amazon, Newegg and other places on the web.

Stork, could you please share a link with yours ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back