Graphics
GTX 650 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Recently purchased the Seiki 39" 4k TV and love it. $400 for a 39 4k VA panel is a steal. It is limited to 30 Hz refresh over HDMI, but I find that fine for productivity, movies, and non-FPS gaming (Hearthstone and XCom look amazing). The problem is, I can only get native 4k resolution in Windows.

Mac currently has a software pixel clock limit of 165 MHz, which limits the resolution to 2560x1440 @ 30 Hz. This patch supposedly removes it under 10.8.5, but applying it breaks something in my setup. In 10.9.x, the files that the patch modifies are signed, so it is supposedly impossible to get it native currently. I know that the new retina MBPs can run it but am not aware of what software allows it (maybe set system definition to rMBP?).

Anyway, I thought I would ask the hackintosh community if they've had any luck in getting this display, or any other 4k display, running at native resolution under any MacOS version.

Running 10.8.5 with a GeForce GTX 650 Ti.

BTW, trying to add a "4k" tag failed because they must be 3 characters for some reason. Might be good to change that setting if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back