Contribute
Register

4K or 5K Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am looking to upgrade to either a 4K or a 5K monitor (preferably using displayport for connectivity). Are there any recommendations for monitors that work with Big Sur?
anything with a DisplayPort connector will work, which its most 4k displays. 5k thunderbolt displays require some extra TLC.

After spending some time reading the following thread I decided that 5K and hackintosh is not for me:

Considered the Samsung Oddessy G9, however it seems like a mixed bag with people reporting quality issues as well as seemingly issues with no video output in the BIOS as per the following post from @StefanAM

RX 6800 XT + samsung odyssey g9: I have same problem with DP. It is a known issue of the monitor. They improve a bit the symptoms with the last monitor firmware, but the solution is to press the menu button on the monitor to keep awake on boot. It is not a bios problem or OS's.

Considered the Samsung Oddessy G9, however it seems like a mixed bag with people reporting quality issues as well as seemingly issues with no video output in the BIOS as per the following post from @StefanAM
After the last firmware update, I have no problems with G9.

Hello,
thinking in give a try to the G9 and I'm looking for some info about performance and quality...

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back