Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15X v8-BK4K4P
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1070
For those of us running 4k you don't need the mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2 patch anymore. There is CoreDisplayFixup + Lilu

I'm still on Sierra 10.12.6 so I ran CoreDisplay-patcher.command unpatch to remove the mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2 patch. Then I copied CoreDisplayFixup 1.3 and Lilu 1.2 to my EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder and rebooted. I set my display back to 1080p60 HiDPI setting using SwitchResX and I have 4k back. So this seems like a more permanent solution that will carry across updates so I'm hoping after doing this before upgrading to High Sierra it will maintain 4k support.

Last edited:
For those of us running 4k you don't need the mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2 patch anymore. There is CoreDisplayFixup 1.3 + Lilu 1.2 (pre-compiled versions are available here).

I'm still on Sierra 10.12.6 so I ran CoreDisplay-patcher.command unpatch to remove the mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2 patch. Then I copied CoreDisplayFixup 1.3 and Lilu 1.2 to my EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder and rebooted. I set my display back to 1080p60 HiDPI setting using SwitchResX and I have 4k back. So this seems like a more permanent solution that will carry across updates so I'm hoping after doing this before upgrading to High Sierra it will maintain 4k support.

Is the only way to get 4k60 to use Switchres? Ive been using RDM but cant seem to get 60 even with CoreDisplay patcher (although Im not entirely sure it worked to begin with)

Successfully updated to macOS 10.13 High Sierra. 4k 1080p60 HiDPI working (using CoreDisplayFixup).

NOTE: If you lose 4k you may need to rebuild the kext cache. Run this from shell:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Last edited:
Does this method break iTunes?

I don't really use iTunes much since they removed the App Store functionality. I just checked it and it does appear to be crashing though.

I don't really use iTunes much since they removed the App Store functionality. I just checked it and it does appear to be crashing though.

Pity, I use iTunes for Apple Music.

Will have to wait for a newer version to release

Successfully updated to macOS 10.13 High Sierra. 4k 1080p60 HiDPI working (using CoreDisplayFixup).
How did you successfully updated to macOS 10.13 with CoreDisplayFixup ?
I have used the lastest CoreDisplayFixup 1.3 + Lilu 1.2 with many tutorial, nothing worked, it's just end to a bootloop when i use the right id for my ig-platform-id ( 0x16160002 ), no acceleration... I have update my hackbook from yosemite to el capitan to sierra without any hard trouble, but now...
I returned to sierra, waiting for a solution

Ok i know now what is the cause of the kernel panic: the Intel framebuffer

Someone for the patch for framebuffer on high sierra?

This is the framebuffer patch I use:

Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Increase buffer for 4K (64 MB RAM / 48 MB Framebuffer)</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                AwAiDQADAwMAAAACAAAwAQ==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AwAiDQADAwMAAAAEAAAAAw==
                </data>
            </dict>

I thought I may as well give it a bash and deal with crashing iTunes, however, When I inject CoreDisplayFixup, I get a black screen after boot.

I thought, let me try inject NvidiaFixup. That brought back the screen but back to Max of 30Hz

I have no idea whats going on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back