GIGABYTE z370xp SLI
CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
GTX 1050 ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Hey guys,
So I just bought a dell p2715q 4k monitor and Im having trouble getting 4k to work properly. I have scanned through the forums here and changed my IntelGFX to various settings found on here, and it boots into 4k but the 4k is flickering and when I open certain applications they crash. In settings I don't have options to switch the scaling and everything is small. I switched the IntelGFX back to 0x59128086 and when I boot into macos, it starts in 4k, but about 3/4 the way done in the progress bar, it switches back to 1080p and I cannot switch to 4k. None of my applications crash and everything works fine.

I don't know if when I switch to those other Intel GFX numbers and the 4k is flickering and doesn't offer any scaling options, is there something else I can do to stabilize the 4k and have it run more smoothly?

I have a gigabyte z370xp sli and an Intel i7 8700K using the built-in Intel UHD Graphics 630, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited:
You should really buy a cheap RX 560

However are you using the DP? Try to hook up a different low resolution monitor and enable the 630. After its enabled and fully accelerated, hook up the 4K monitor.

However with a 27" monitor myself and an i5 6500 I just ended up buying a discrete gpu because even if fully enabled I had problems with HiDPI.

Everything works now after I used the IntelGraphicsFixup.kext

Everything works now after I used the IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
Can you share in more detail how you resolved this issue? I have the exact same issue. Clover boots up in 4K and 2/3 through the progress bar 4K gets turned into 1080p. Everything works just fine, full graphics acceleration, but no way to get back to 4K resolution.

Could you share what kexts you have in your EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back