Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Internal graphics
Hey guys,

My Hackintosh is connected to my LG 27UD68-W 4k through HDMI 2.0 and I experience extreme flickering (mostly when swapping windows and playing videos).

Chrome is the worse, though. I tried to tweak Chrome settings (turning off the hardware accelation), but it didn't do anything.

I read from the buyer's guide that:
"Some motherboards will not support resolutions higher than 1080p at 60hz. Intel, AMD, and NVIDIA graphics resolutions greater than 1080p at 60hz resolution require DisplayPort. NVIDIA 9xx cards with HDMI or DisplayPort will support displays to 4K at 60hz."

However, I checked my motherboard specs and I should be able to run 4k using the HDMI 2.0 and display port. I'm using integrated graphics, so do you guys think that using a display port would do the trick?

Thanks in advance, can't wait to hear your suggestions!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 12.07.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 12.07.16 AM.png
    311.4 KB · Views: 275
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 12.15.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 12.15.09 AM.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 240
You have many incorrect MultiBeast options selected. Only the latest mac mini has HDMI 2.0 support in macOS.

I chose the only Mac Mini option and selected the ''Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen'' and it did not change anything.

I also noticed that the fans are going crazy when I'm opening a window (when there is a lot going on the screen).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 1.55.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 1.55.57 AM.png
    322.5 KB · Views: 131
Latest mac mini cannot run High Sierra. It runs the latest version of Mojave - it might actually be a factory only release at this point, full support should be in official 10.14.2 release.

You have lots of incorrect MultiBeast options selected that will hinder performance. Mac Mini 6,2 uses hardware from 2012. The latest mac mini is Mac mini 8,1 and it runs Mojave.

You want to make some changes. you actually want to remove a lot of bad options for a Z370 board and i7-8700K processor - some of this stuff is for hardware from 2011 - most of it is for hardware that is 5-6 years old. Installing the wrong options will not help boot time or reliable operation. Some options will be adverse to day to day use.

Quick Start > Clover UEFI Boot mode with Emulated NVRAM
You should run audio on its own - personally I wouldn't chose the "universal" option - but that is up to you.
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA - Unlikely your hardware has any of these controllers to use this option.
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party eSATA - Your board doesn't have eSATA, does it?
Drivers > Disk > Intel Generic AHCI SATA - Not to be selected for 300 series boards
Drivers > Disk > NullCPUPowerManagement - you want to get rid of this fro your build
Drivers > USB > 3rd Party USB 3.0 - probably incorrect.
Drivers > USB > 7/8/9 Series USB support - this is for old hardware, you have 300 series board. You don't want this option to cause problems.
Customize > System definitions > Mac Mini . Mac mini 6,2. Completely wrong for 4K graphics via Intel HD 630
Customize > SSDT Options Sandy Bridge i5 / i7 Overclocked _ please Google " Sandy Bridge i7 " and read the MultiBeast Readme instructions.

http://www.multibeast.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back