CPU
i7 6700
Graphics
None
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OK, so when I go to the Clover Configurator and try to change the RAM to 8GB, I save the configuration in the efi/clover/ folder, and,then, when i restart my machine, I get a blue or white screen with a legacy boot loader instead of a UEFI boot. When i go into my BIOS, I can't change my boot options, and I have a 15 random SSD partitions in the boot overdrive. It's been a mess, and I don't know what to do right now. Hopefully someone can help me with this problem, Thanks.

i fixed mine.

I had the same problem.

You just go into clover and manually enter the ram. when you reboot. it'll be corrected.

i fixed mine.

I had the same problem.

You just go into clover and manually enter the ram. when you reboot. it'll be corrected.
Do i do that in the txt document or the clover config?

you use clover config...

This is basically what you do.

1. Mount the EFI folder.
2. Open Clover Config
3. go to SMBIOS
4. you'll see a window the says "memory" Hit the "+" sign and add each stick manually.

Ive attacked a screen to show you what im talking about. If you notice. Its just random info for the description data i put in "unknown". As long as all the fields are filled in, you're fine. It'll work. But you need to designate the size of the ram in the drop down, once you select the 8 gig option, and reboot it'll recognize 8 gigs each stick if you are using 8 gig sticks.

*** the biggest problem is my ram is faster then 2600 but thats the most the drop down will allow. You can in theory go into the XML config file and manually change it after, but i found for me it made it buggy and 2600mhz for ram isn't bad anyway.

Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 4.09.59 PM.png

you use clover config...

This is basically what you do.

1. Mount the EFI folder.
2. Open Clover Config
3. go to SMBIOS
4. you'll see a window the says "memory" Hit the "+" sign and add each stick manually.

Ive attacked a screen to show you what im talking about. If you notice. Its just random info for the description data i put in "unknown". As long as all the fields are filled in, you're fine. It'll work. But you need to designate the size of the ram in the drop down, once you select the 8 gig option, and reboot it'll recognize 8 gigs each stick if you are using 8 gig sticks.

*** the biggest problem is my ram is faster then 2600 but thats the most the drop down will allow. You can in theory go into the XML config file and manually change it after, but i found for me it made it buggy and 2600mhz for ram isn't bad anyway.

View attachment 209748

Then after do i replace the config file with this new file or do i just save it and not do anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back