Graphics
Gtx 780
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey, I replaced my 4770k with a 4790k for the speed bump, but my system won't boot it. I get the AppleKeyStore Starting and FakeSMC started freezes. I wasn't even able to boot into safemode! I did a reinstall to 10.9.4 but as fast as I used MultiBeast to do a DSDT free install it would become unbootable again. I've been tweaking it for some time now and I'm able to boot it into safemode as long as I don't install Chimera! I really want to get out of safemode and have it boot from the SSDs boot partiton. Please help. I will update this post as I encounter problems and solve them.
Bios have been updated to F6 and the settings are optimal for running OS10. I've disabled the Integrated Graphics as they've been nothing but trouble. Before the processor upgrade I had everything working fine(except microphone recording) in 10.9.3.
Motherboard: GaZ97X Gaming 7.
Graphics: Gtx 780.
Processor: i7 4790k(Haswell refresh).
Edit 1: Steps I have tried earlier, after each step I've been testing extensively with many combination of flags of course:
I receive CPU faults which seems power related to I removed the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and installed the NullCPUPowerManagement.
I also receive some other power errors I think they're related to CMOS, so I installed the Apple RTC Patch for CMOS reset, ElliotForceLegacySMC and EvOReboot. Those seemed to solve those errors and didn't ruin the system. :)
I received some GeForceSensors errors and some CPUSensor errors so I removed those plugins from FakeSMC.
Currently I'm stuck at a USBMSC Identifier not unique error which is some trouble with the usb devices connected to it. I can't get past it by unplugging all the usb devices.. This seems to be an issue back from Lion and there are quite a few posts about it. All telling you to remove the devices. The one solution I found which seemed most credible was to remove OEMSMBIOS.kext from plugins inside FakeSMC.kext but my FakeSMC.kext didn't have it. I tried to install Chameleon with Basic Boot Options, Generate CPU States, Hibernate Mode Desktop(I've tried with and without UseKernelCache=Yes in the config but I always just test the boot with yes and no anyways so it doesn't really matter).

Edit 2: Solution, apparently a new CPU triggers a motherboard configuration reset. I wasn't aware of this and the problem was the board had enabled VT-d and IGPU again..

Edit 3: I just installed Chimera w/ Basic Boot options, GenerateCPUStates, HibernateMode - Desktop, Use Kernel Cache = Yes. Now my system is unbootable even in safemode. I get the error messages "FakeSMCKeyStore: started" and "AppleKeyStore starting".

I think your making this to hard, I started with a new board and processor and had a fully function system within 2 hours. Now, having said that, your audio chip is different from mine and I still had to use the option in MB for 9 boards. I CCC'd the fresh install and plugged the SSD that I used from my old board (Z77) with 10.9.3 installed and tweaked a couple things and I'm still on it...just edited a 45min video using FCPX and Compressor. This was one of the easiest "early adopter" builds I have ever done...I always approach hacking in a minimalistic way and only make changes to the install to fix broken systems...I start with FakeSMC and a boot loader and work it from there.

Hi,

I've got the GA-Z97x-UD3H with 4790K and a GeForce 770 and I cannot get a way to use my system correctly (I can boot with -x connected to the intel Graphics and with the GeForce out of the computer.

I've tried to install 10.9.4 using latest Unibeast, Multibeast.
I've also tried Clover but the OS X Installer I've created boots Clover but does't boot any OS from there.

Would you have a tutorial to tell how to install such a system ?

Thanks

After a lot of retries with different parameters, I've found out
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
was most likely responsible of that.
---
Multibeast sets that parameter when you choose a DSDT Free configuration.

So to resume, on my config (GA-Z97X-UD3H v1.0 Bios F7 + 4790K + Asus GeForce GTX 770)

1° Do Unibeast install using 10.9.4
2° Boot with -X using motherboard DVI and the GeForce bing out of the computer box.
---> do not "Generate C or P state" it gives crash from the very beginning during boot.

3° Do Multibeast install
---> do not "Generate C or P state" it gives crash from the very beginning during boot.
now set IGPEnabler to No, set PCIRootUID to 1; shutdown, install the GeForce, connect monitor to GeForce DVI

4° boot:
Usually, first boot will freeze/stay on the verbose output.
Then press the hardware reset button on the PC box, then the boot will work and you get access to the Desktop. If not press reset again and retry. usually there is no need to reset more than one time to get OS X to boot completely.

now I still don't have sound I/O from the ALC1150 :( I don't understand why as I have followed instructions to enable it using multibeast.

Hope this can help you.

::edit:: A note about the fact that I mostly have to reset at least one time to make my system boot properly :
there are sometimes "Sound Assertion" logs during boot and sometimes not. Also if I follow Toleda's guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/112461-mavericks-no-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html)
in he Guide I am at : "I. No Output Devices Found > 3,> 2. >1> If Codec ID is empty, see III. No Codec,

Then in "III. No Codec" > 1. > 1. > 1 to 6, I find these 6 steps strange and I wonder why a power supply reset has to be done. Would that be linked to the fact that sometimes my system boots and sometimes it stay forever at the stage before the Window Server displays itself on screen. weird...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back