Contribute
Register

4790k GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 Build, Please Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Graphics
Integrated
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,
So this is my first post here and my first pc/hackintosh build. When I was looking into doing this, it seemed that the 4790k would act like a 4770k without audio when using a z97 board, which I'm cool with because I'll be using a USB audio interface anyways.

I've looked around here and can't find anyone using the z97 gaming series boards yet, and I was wondering if there is any sort of installation guide I could follow that would work. I found a few like the H-Z97N-WIFI (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-using-hd4600-no-graphics-card-needed-11.html) and tried following them, but I haven't had much luck so far.

I can get past the installation using my boot USB in safe mode, and I can install the drivers in Multibeast, but once I restart the computer, I can't get back into Mavericks unless I redo the install. It's kind of driving me nuts because it feels like I'm so close, yet so far.

Should I try using Clover? To be honest, I don't even know how it works at this point, I just figured that Uni/Multi Beast was the most common and stable way to get my system up and running.

Anyways, Here's the Part List. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (x2)
Case: NZXT H440 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800

We'll need more information than "I can't get past a certain point". There are various reasons for not getting past any point. So, that's where the -v flag comes in. The -v option outputs text to your screen as your new machine goes through the boot process. This sometimes yields clues when the machine stops putting text out to the screen...or....when the machine "can't get past a certain point". Or even better, capture a screen image with a smartphone and post it along with future issues.

Ah okay, I'll get to that point again tomorrow and post a screen shot.
Thanks for the heads up.

Ah okay, I'll get to that point again tomorrow and post a screen shot.
Thanks for the heads up.

You are posting in the wrong forum - for installation help please post in the Mavericks Desktop Support forum.

Sorry about that, will do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back