Contribute
Register

4770k with Vega RX 64, GA-Z877X-UD7TH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't compare AMD vs Nvidia in MacOS, it will not get you any answers because they are completely different. I have seen success with both HDMI>DVI and DP>DP but because they were using "Active" adapters. What type of adapters are you using?
Good point!
I'm using an Apple HDMI to DVI adapter and a DP to DVI which I think is from Dell. "44WS121503748" (I am not sure if the is the item number or serial)

I'm not sure if they are Active so to speak.

Attachments

• 4760FCBB-49DE-4509-AC2C-3F5B7836F691.jpeg
    4760FCBB-49DE-4509-AC2C-3F5B7836F691.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 31
  • 6674D115-3DB1-4FF7-BE80-5C4BAE8B58C9.jpeg
    6674D115-3DB1-4FF7-BE80-5C4BAE8B58C9.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Good point!
I'm using an Apple HDMI to DVI adapter and a DP to DVI which I think is from Dell. "44WS121503748" (I am not sure if the is the item number or serial)
I am pretty sure neither of those are "Active" adapters. Hate to say it but you might be SoL until you get "Active" Adapters. Most "Active" adapters are $40+ so make sure you are getting an "Active" adapter.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure neither of those are "Active" adapters. Hate to say it but you might be SoL until you get "Active" Adapters. Most "Active" adapters are $40+ so make sure you are getting an "Active" adapter.
I just dug up my old ATI Radeon HD 5770 card. I'm going to give that a go to see if it has problems with the Mini Display port to DVI.

I can't thank you enough mate! Thank you so much.

PS: Kidding about the 5770 card ;)

Last edited:
I just dug up my old ATI Radeon HD 5770 card. I'm going to give that a go to see if it has problems with the Mini Display port to DVI.
I can't thank you enough mate! Thank you so much.
PS: Kidding about the 5770 card ;)
No problem, I would suggest using the last EFI I made and then use Piker Alpha's SSDTGEN script to generate a proper CPUPM SSDT for your CPU on the correct SMBIOS that I have set in the config I made. All you have to do is download zip and run in terminal and it should make the correct CPUPM automatically. I think the 8 Series board is messing up the native CPU PM when PlugInType=1 is used. https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/tree/master

Awesome! Another great tip from the master.
I have just ordered 2 active adapters to be delivered by Wednesday. Hopefully this is all the cause is. Otherwise, I think it will be wise to upgrade my MB and CPU when the pennies roll in next year. My Apple Cinema displays will remain somehow.

Awesome! Another great tip from the master.
I have just ordered 2 active adapters to be delivered by Wednesday. Hopefully this is all the cause is. Otherwise, I think it will be wise to upgrade my MB and CPU when the pennies roll in next year. My Apple Cinema displays will remain somehow.

5770 probably won’t work Mojave 7xxx series and above for AMD. Metal capable cards only.

5770 probably won’t work Mojave 7xxx series and above for AMD. Metal capable cards only.
5770 was a little joke ;)

If the Active display adapters that I ordered don't work, I will head on back to the old GTX 670 to get myself back up and running.
The RX 64 was an expensive card that Apple supports natively and I thought it would be "Plug in Play" and that it would at least prolong my machine's life, as I work mainly in Video and Graphics.

5770 was a little joke ;)

If the Active display adapters that I ordered don't work, I will head on back to the old GTX 670 to get myself back up and running.
The RX 64 was an expensive card that Apple supports natively and I thought it would be "Plug in Play" and that it would at least prolong my machine's life, as I work mainly in Video and Graphics.
Well it is natively supported but with the right combination of SMBIOS, CPU, chipset etc......

Well it is natively supported but with the right combination of SMBIOS, CPU, chipset etc......
So, I received the Active adapters today...No Luck ;( Just black screens. RX64 just does the usual "Go into full power mode"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back