Motherboard
Gigabyte H107N-WiFi
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
HD530
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I installed the latest ProBook Installer and the 4540S DSDT. Everything seems to work (e.g. Ethernet, display) but the webcam does not. Should it work with Photo Booth? It says "there is no connected camera".

At the WiFi thread, there are a couple of compatible WiFi cards for 4540S. Is there a particular one that is the best? Or are they the same in terms of performance?

Cards confirmed to work
- AR5B195 with AR9285 DSDT patch (thanks mr-andrek)
- AR5B197 (AR9287) (thanks Craigrox)
- AR5B97 (thanks tonespace)
- AR5BHB92 (AR9280)(thanks braddman1)
- AR5BXB112 (thanks fyrerubee)
- AR9285 (WIFI) and AR3011 (BT) (on a NOT whitelisted Probook) (thanks jojosch)
- BCM94322HM8L (confirmed for the 2.4 GHz band and I can select 5GHz channels. I have no 5GHz equipment to test it with, dg)

Look here, 4540s does not have whitelist so you can choose any compatible cards:
Code:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Thanks Ngyuen! :)

I uploaded a photo of my current card, which is not supported. Is my current card mini PCI/e or PCI/e? I'm looking at the AR9380; seems to be cheap and good!

Attachments

• IMAG3593.jpg
    IMAG3593.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 225
Touchpad scroll does not work

Is the two-finger scroll supposed to work? I enabled the feature in System Preferences but I can't get it to work. :(

You're using Half-mini wifi card, while 9380 is fullsize/PCI card. Buy a half-mini AR9280/4322/43225HMB instead.

Two finger scrolling works, make sure you spread your fingers far enough for it to work.

Thanks Ngyuen again!

The half-mini BCM4322 is less than $7 while the 43225HMB is about $10, while the AR9280 is about $19. Any issues with the cheapest 4322? seems like a really good deal!

Two-finger scrolling works! My bad, because I moved my fingers down to scroll down, when I should be moving my fingers up to scroll down! Any way to swap it around?

Another problem: inserting a SD card (FAT32) into the front SD card slot hangs the laptop. :( Any ideas?

Goto System Preferences > Touchpad and uncheck the first box. Someone reports network dropping with 4322 in Mavericks, but I can't confirm it. You can find 9280 with cheaper price elsewhere.

Ok I got the scroll to work in the direction I want. Nice! You have been very helpful. :) I read two threads on WiFi in this forum that list compatible cards. I'm going to try BCM4322 but I couldn't find BCM4322 listed as compatible in the threads. I'm a little paranoid that it might not work.

Hi guys,

I still have two unsolved issues:

1. webcam does not work
2. insert sdcard freezes / hangs the system

Any ideas, please? :)

cci[RR]us;779629 said:
1. webcam does not work

What apps are you using with the webcam?

2. insert sdcard freezes / hangs the system

What type of card are you inserting. The driver for that device is old and has limited support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back