Contribute
Register

4540S LCD Screen (1080p replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I´m sorry, but... I wouldn´t know where to start. It looks like a guide for installing the OS from scratch. Mine is already installed, and I´m sure when I did it this guide was not published yet. I used another guide which looked way easier.

Am I supposed to reinstall the whole OS just for an screen upgrade? This would be terrible for me, since I´ve got hundreds of apps, tweaks and configs I would miss

Is there any way to post some specific report from my system that could help?

I´m sorry, but... I wouldn´t know where to start. It looks like a guide for installing the OS from scratch. Mine is already installed, and I´m sure when I did it this guide was not published yet. I used another guide which looked way easier.

Am I supposed to reinstall the whole OS just for an screen upgrade? This would be terrible for me, since I´ve got hundreds of apps, tweaks and configs I would miss

Is there any way to post some specific report from my system that could help?

Create Clover USB as per guide.
Use it to boot your system.
Then follow post-install instructions as written in the guide.

Thank you, Mr Rehabman, I'll try tomorrow and will let you know the results, you are very kind, thanks for guiding me

Update:

Victory!!

But not following these tutorials. I tried to follow them, but... too long, too messy for me. These tutorials are for people who can handle with certain terms and language, which is not my case. I tried to make the clover USB as Mr Rehabman suggested, but even this was way too difficult for me. I don´t understand how the hackintosh thing has gone that difficult since the days I managed to get it working, a few years ago. I must say that I followed nguyenmac´s guide in those days ( http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-hp-elitebook-probook-others-clover-uefi.html ), and it was really, really easy to follow, my computer has been working flawlessly for years, without the need of any complicated adjustment. Maybe the hackintosh has become less "democratic", and it´s becoming something that very tech savvy people can arrange. I have been struck by how hard it was to understand this last guide, I didn´t even manage to find some kext which were supposed to be available in a download.

I´m not a newbie to computers. I got my first msx in...1984? And although I was only 10, I got to write some Basic programs. I have been a Mac user since the old Quadras, and although I don´t work in programming (I´m just a post production sound engineer), I´ve learnt C++, java, python, I mean, I´m not one of those persons who look at a computer with fear, I´ve been building my own pcs and even programmed some Android apps, but this guides look like crazy to me; I am supposed to know what an SSDT or a DSDT is, or how to put something into them, while in the past, there was a way to do allo those things in a step by step process which could be followed by people who are not aware of the inner processes of this software.

Don´t misunderstand me, please; this is not a reproach, I think your forum is a great place for people all around the world, you have helped me more than once to get the hackintosh things done. I just wanted to let you know how frustrating it has been for me to find that I could hardly understand anything in this guide.

At last I gave up, finding that the USB Clover installation guide (the first step!!) was imposible to reach for me, maybe because my english is so basic, and also because of my lack of technical knowledge. I´m not blaming the team for doing it that way, I guess I´ts the way it´s got to be to let people know the process. But I couldn´t get anything from it.

I was very disappointed, my laptop had the new screen mounted, but no matter what I did in Clover Configurator, the screen was completely messed.

I was sleeping and I woke with a ridiculous idea, so ridiculous because it was very simple. And I didn´t have any expectations that it was going to work. Because if the solution to my problem was that easy, I though, it would be the first thing Mr Rehabman would have adviced me to do.

I woke up, started my computer, visited nguyenmac´s guide for installing El Capitan in my 4540s, the guide I had already followed a few years ago, and got the ProBook Installer from it. I run it, and selected the same configuration that worked for me in the beginning, except for the screen resolution. Then I restarted and... voilá.

I couldn´t believe it, it was that simple.

I have a very basic understanding of the hackintosh world, but I would have never thought that that installer would hold the option to install a full hd screen.

I only hope that this post will help anyone like me, and save those many hours I have spent fiddling with my computer for nothing.

By the way, my screen is a genuine AUO Optronics, and yes, they´re still for sale in ebay, all you have to do is check a picture of the back of the screen (of the actual item to be shipped). It cost me about 60 euros, including shipping to Spain and toll taxes. Brand new, unopened. The quality of this screen, in my opinion, surpasses that of the macbook pro´s screen, not in terms of resolution, of course, but I would have never believed such colour range in a matte screen.

At last, my hackintosh is a real post production work station.

Thanks for your help anyway, and keep working to help hackintosh community, regards from Spain.

Hi what is best panel is avialiable and I have to buy 50.4RY03.001 LVDS cable, is there any thing else

Reading through all 38 pages and seems nobody has ever tried to upgrade with Auo v7 panel so i did... and that was a mistake. Only backlight works while the screen remains absolutely black. Old panel works with new LVDS cable though.

Reading through all 38 pages and seems nobody has ever tried to upgrade with Auo v7 panel so i did... and that was a mistake. Only backlight works while the screen remains absolutely black. Old panel works with new LVDS cable though.
Actually i don't have an interest for Hackintosh the screen upgrade only, just like here:

If your problem is with Windows, four possibilities, in this order:
- bad cable (even though first link works, second link may be bad)
- bad display
- bad motherboard (even though first link works, second link may be bad)
- incompatible display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back