Contribute
Register

4540S LCD Screen (1080p replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would a LP156WF1 TLF3 work with 4540s ?
I checked on panellook, it has 40 pin LVDS connector, same as AUO B156HW01.

Would a LP156WF1 TLF3 work with 4540s ?
I checked on panellook, it has 40 pin LVDS connector, same as AUO B156HW01.

Probably. If the screen has 40pin LVDS connector then it should be fine. Ive always stuck with Auo V4 screens on my Probooks.

Last edited:
Hi all - Building one of these as my first effort.

I have a 4540s and I have ordered a B156HW01 V.4 screen as well as a caddy for an SSD.

I am wondering if I need to replace the standard screen cable? When I do a search for the 50.4RY03.001 cable on Ebay, it comes up as replacement cable for the 4540s which leads me to think that the one in there already is the same and would be suitable.

Thanks for your help.

Hi all - Building one of these as my first effort.

I have a 4540s and I have ordered a B156HW01 V.4 screen as well as a caddy for an SSD.

I am wondering if I need to replace the standard screen cable? When I do a search for the 50.4RY03.001 cable on Ebay, it comes up as replacement cable for the 4540s which leads me to think that the one in there already is the same and would be suitable.

Thanks for your help.

LVDS cables needs to be replaced with 50.4RY03.001

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_...3.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=50.4RY03.001&_sacat=0

Looks good to me :).
Thanks so much for your help!

I can probably take some pics or something... You seem to be quite involved in the forum - Do you think pics are needed? If so I'll try and remember to do that!

Thanks so much for your help!

I can probably take some pics or something... You seem to be quite involved in the forum - Do you think pics are needed? If so I'll try and remember to do that!

People do build threads under The Build Good luck with the HP Probook Build.

Hello people!

After 4 years happily using my 4540S, i7, Ivy with El Capitan 10,11,3 (currently)...

I´ve been using this laptop mainly for music production (a very powerful machine!). I´ve been upgrading it with 8gb Ram (and wishing to try the 16gb, since I´ve read that some people have had success with it), 512gb samsung SSD, 3TB seagate HD for data... and now I´m getting into the video editing, motion graphics world. I´ve been doing some jobs for Daimler, and it happens that this is one of the worst screens I´ve ever seen. When I have to do some color grading, I feel obligued to connect to an external monitor via HDMI (my Samsung Led TV happens to be quite valuable for this) or even in an ipad, which has a very decent gamut and contrast.

I´ve read about these b156hw01 v4 screens and been looking for an original one, avoiding those ebay scammers who write in tiny letters "compatible one will be shipped if the exact part number is out of stock". And this week I´ve finally had luck and a US seller has shipped one for me, brand new but without original box, for just 50 euros. I´ve also purchased the dual link LVDS cable (this thread has been very helpful)

I´ll go straight to the point, my situation is this:

I´ve got this El Capitan 10.11.3, my hack was based in Clover, and as soon as I receive that screen I´m going to try to install it.

For what I´ve read in this forum, I should "repatch the DSDT", and it looks like it´s better if I do that before installing the screen.

The problem is that I´ve forgotton how I got this hackintosh running!!!!!:lol:

Words like "repatch dsdt", or "inject a kext" sound crazy to me...

Is there any way a merciful person would lead me to success? I need some step by step guide, something like "install this app, delete this file, go to this folder"... asuming that I won´t have any proble, with the hardware installation (I´m an average user, I´m quite a bit nervous thinking I may break something)

I would really appreciate any kind of help, when I open my "clover configurator" app it just looks like the Star Trek spaceship control panel to me....

Thanks in advance, and please, excuse my poor and messy english, since I write from Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back