Contribute
Register

4540S LCD Screen (1080p replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, had a false start and forgot to connect my touchpad.

Booted into my installation by disabling Intel graphics injection via Clover.

Can I patch my DSDT with the HP Probook Installer package?

Nevermind, I found RehabMan's github repo!

Can I patch my DSDT with the HP Probook Installer package?

Yes, of course. Boot with your Clover USB, then run the PBI-CE with the appropriate options for your new configuration.

Hi RehabMan,

Here´s a list I came out with after a thorough search. All the best displays for the 45xx/65xx series are there. First condition: horizontal viewing angle larger that 65 degrees per side. Then, LVDS 40 pin, left side socket. 3 displays happen to have a high color gamut (HCG) 95% NTSC which is saturated on my opinion but better than the rest of TN types. Ideal - for photo editing and everything - would be a 100% sRGB gamut which is around 72% NTSC. Displays like these are only eDP types for probook 45x/65x series. Given all displays that fit (even AHVA, PLS types for probook 45x/65x) - are 6 bit (262k colors) - there´ll be a lot of dithering and frame rate control (FRC) to fake into the rest of the colors that 95% NTSC implies. Happy 45x/65x users for that 72% NTSC displays!
Consider NTSC equal to Adobe RGB http://www.eizo.com/global/library/management/cms/05e.jpg
Most of the average displays have 60% NTSC

Like you mentioned, anything 1600x900 and 1920x1080 need a dual channel display cable. It´s in the specs too on panelook.com

Anyway, here´s the list. Details you can find on panelook.com, the overview/specs pages. Check for the contrast, brightness values.

They´re TNs. No IPS displays to fit left side LVDS and enclosure

900p
LG LP156WD1(TL)(B2).....(B4), AUO B156RW01 V.0/V.1/V.3, Chimei N156O6-L01/02

1080p
LG LP156WF1(A1), LP156WF2(TL)(A1)...(A2), AUO B156HB01 V.0, B156HTN01.1, B156HW01 V.0/V.1/v.2/v.3/V.4/V.7, B156HW02 V.0/V.1/V.3, G156HTD01.0 (high color gamut 95% NTSC on B156HW01 V.4/V.7 and B156HTN01.1)
Chimei N156HGE-L11/L21

Two exceptions (single channel 900p and 1080p LVDS displays)

900p
Samsung LTN156KT02-301

1080p
AUO B156HB01 V.0

Now the perfect eDP 72% NTSC displays for 45x/65x series

All IPS

1080p
AUO B156HAN01.0/1/2, B156HAN03.0 , Samsung LTN156HL01, LTN156HL01-101/102/B01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T95se-KSX_Y

Hope this helps

On the Mavericks install now, using an older version of Unibeast, I told you before that different installs give different computer runs.
¨Other thing that I've noticed is that, of the good installs, just the second one makes the laptop runs fast. File, app and browser opening are blazing fast. The other installs have some delays in opening everything. It's not night and day different but still noticeable.¨
You replied on posting 964.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112380-guide-installing-mavericks-hp-probook-97.html
Question is does the latest version of Unibeast do better since it has refreshed drivers and boot support, and Chimera 4.0?
Or Probook Installer clover edition?

Thanks a lot

I have my 1080p screen installed and working, the laptop works great except for one dead pixel on my new screen... posting with it now.

Now I want to use an external monitor with HDMI. I forget exactly what I did to patch my DSDT but I'm pretty sure I patched with the 10808p+HDMI dsdt from Rehabman's github repo. I'm using a VGA->HDMI converter, could this be part of my problem? Booting with the monitor plugged in doesn't seem to affect things, I'll retry now with the lid closed but I don't expect it to work.

Any input?

This is a 1440x900 VGA monitor with an HDMI->VGA converter, it displays the boot logo when I restart the laptop with the lid closed and the external monitor connected but it fails to get to a desktop on the external monitor, I'm assuming it tries to set a resolution that the external monitor can't do. Gonna experiment further.

This is a 1440x900 VGA monitor with an HDMI->VGA converter, it displays the boot logo when I restart the laptop with the lid closed and the external monitor connected but it fails to get to a desktop on the external monitor, I'm assuming it tries to set a resolution that the external monitor can't do. Gonna experiment further.

Which guide did you use?

Please open a separate thread. Your question is off-topic.

From the listed displays B156HW01 V.4 and V.7 look very well after calibration and seem to be the best of the bunch
So, happy owners

Hi RehabMan,

I have a 1 ch display cable and 768p display

Without doing this step
¨1. Remove /Extra/dsdt.aml. If you have a high-resolution screen, install Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml to /Extra/ssdt-1.aml. Then reboot. After reboot, you are running without a DSDT (no audio, WiFi, battery, etc)¨
which one of these will work?

1. replace the display cable with a dual channel one
2. replace the display with a full HD one

I don´t think I´ll manage to get them both in the first place so the question arised

Or does any of those require your step one?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back