Contribute
Register

4540S LCD Screen (1080p replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
always did that with all of my probooks and everthing worked like sunschine untill i upgraded the 4540s to 1080p with some clean installs acording the guides.

on my 4540s 1080p under yosemite HDMI now works! :)

but still cant get the webcam to work (it did worked before with Legacyboot probook installer and original cable with the low res matte screen, so its not broken )

i did system updates 10.10.1 and 10.10.2 repaired permissions with both disk utillity and kext wizard...stil no results...

Verify your camera works on Windows.

Did you use the latest PBI-CE for Yosemite?

on my 4740s yosemite the webcam works but i am running up to this new problem :S

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...swell-final-cut-pro-x-crashes.html#post984836

any suggestions?

May be a problem in FCP.

Your posts here and at the above link are both off-topic. Post in the appropriate ProBook Yosemite forum.

I have my laptop disassembled with my new 1080p screen and the appropriate cable...

How do I connect the LVDS cable to the motherboard? I'm having a hard time with this and don't want to force it.

I have my laptop disassembled with my new 1080p screen and the appropriate cable...

How do I connect the LVDS cable to the motherboard? I'm having a hard time with this and don't want to force it.

Read your service manual. It is covered in detail.

Do you have a link and/or page number?

I'm looking at HP ProBook 4340s Notebook PC HP ProBook 4341s Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide and I don't see directions for connecting the LVDS to the motherboard.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/si...x.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

Is this the right document?

Looks like the right document to me.

Read the section on replacing the motherboard. It will probably help you locate the cable connection point.

Looks like the right document to me.

Read the section on replacing the motherboard. It will probably help you locate the cable connection point.

I see the cable connection point, my issue is actually making the connection. I'm not sure how to latch the LVDS cable without applying any excess force and possibly damaging it.

Making the connection to the panel is easy. For the motherboard connection, should I have the little blue ribbon facing upard? I disassembled it a couple days ago and the cable arrived late due to snow, so I'm not sure exactly how it went.

mobo.jpg

I see the cable connection point, my issue is actually making the connection. I'm not sure how to latch the LVDS cable without applying any excess force and possibly damaging it.

Making the connection to the panel is easy. For the motherboard connection, should I have the little blue ribbon facing upard? I disassembled it a couple days ago and the cable arrived late due to snow, so I'm not sure exactly how it went.

View attachment 128012

It shouldn't require force if the cable is fully seated. The latch usually closes quite easily with these types of connectors. At least that's been my experience. The blue ribbon is to make disconnecting the cable easier.

It shouldn't require force if the cable is fully seated. The latch usually closes quite easily with these types of connectors. At least that's been my experience. The blue ribbon is to make disconnecting the cable easier.

Alright, I got it installed and working! I booted with "-v -x -s" to get to a terminal, what kext should I edit to get native resolution? Right now when I attempt to boot normally I get a blank screen when I should go to my desktop.

Alright, I got it installed and working! I booted with "-v -x -s" to get to a terminal, what kext should I edit to get native resolution? Right now when I attempt to boot normally I get a blank screen when I should go to my desktop.

No kext. You need to repatch DSDT.

No kext. You need to repatch DSDT.

Okay, had a false start and forgot to connect my touchpad.

Booted into my installation by disabling Intel graphics injection via Clover.

Can I patch my DSDT with the HP Probook Installer package?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back