Contribute
Register

4540S LCD Screen (1080p replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Care to share the link of ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-LG-Phil...Laptop_Screens_LCD_Panels&hash=item462f21f608

but you can find a lot of eBay sellers.
just type LP156WD1

i went for 1600x900 resolution screen .

UPDATE for probook 4545s

After sending the screen back the seller informed me that it works great.

Maybe it's some incompatibility with my motherboard or the cable is faulty.. (i used a cheap 4740s cable from ebay)

The cable worked perfectly fine with the original screen though.

With the replacement screen i had some flashing lines . Even with the flashing lines the viewing angles and the colors where amazing compared to the original screen.

Now I'm trying to find a glossy 1366x768 with good viewing angles. I ll try from laptop screens .

Does anybody have any experience about these screens ?
I don't mind about the resolution . I just want better viewing angles and glossy panel.

UPDATE for probook 4545s

After sending the screen back the seller informed me that it works great.

Maybe it's some incompatibility with my motherboard or the cable is faulty.. (i used a cheap 4740s cable from ebay)

The cable worked perfectly fine with the original screen though.

With the replacement screen i had some flashing lines . Even with the flashing lines the viewing angles and the colors where amazing compared to the original screen.

Now I'm trying to find a glossy 1366x768 with good viewing angles. I ll try from laptop screens .

Does anybody have any experience about these screens ?
I don't mind about the resolution . I just want better viewing angles and glossy panel.

It is possible the the 4x45s series uses a different cable than the 4x40s series. And this site really has only experiences from the 4x40s because the rules do not allow discussion of OS X on AMD machines: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

You should look at the service manual(s) and compare part numbers.

Hi rehabman,

having some experience with the 4530s,4570s (fully working HDMI and webcam) i upgraded my 4540s as well with an Lg glossy 1080p

but with the pro book installers can’t get HDMi and webcam to work on the 4540s i tried different OS versions but it did not solve the problem

you have any thoughts?

(see files for details)

thanks in advance

pgh

4540s i7 quad 3610 qm
ProBook Installer 6.1.13r3
LVDS Cable from 4740S PN: 50.4RY03.001

Attachments

• 4540s webcam problem.zip
    9.7 MB · Views: 126
Hi rehabman,

having some experience with the 4530s,4570s (fully working HDMI and webcam) i upgraded my 4540s as well with an Lg glossy 1080p

but with the pro book installers can’t get HDMi and webcam to work on the 4540s i tried different OS versions but it did not solve the problem

you have any thoughts?

(see files for details)

thanks in advance

pgh

4540s i7 quad 3610 qm
ProBook Installer 6.1.13r3
LVDS Cable from 4740S PN: 50.4RY03.001

Follow this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

thanks! (have not tested yosemite yet)

Or follow the appropriate guide for whichever version of OS X you're running...

Or follow the appropriate guide for whichever version of OS X you're running...

always did that with all of my probooks and everthing worked like sunschine untill i upgraded the 4540s to 1080p with some clean installs acording the guides.

on my 4540s 1080p under yosemite HDMI now works! :)

but still cant get the webcam to work (it did worked before with Legacyboot probook installer and original cable with the low res matte screen, so its not broken )

i did system updates 10.10.1 and 10.10.2 repaired permissions with both disk utillity and kext wizard...stil no results...

on my 4740s yosemite the webcam works but i am running up to this new problem :S

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...swell-final-cut-pro-x-crashes.html#post984836

any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back