Contribute
Register

4540s F.42 BIOS - Should I flash it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would probably be the first to try, given that the update has just posted.

I definitely WILL NOT be the first one to try LOL...

I definitely WILL NOT be the first one to try LOL...

So no one can tell you whether it will work or not until someone tries, crystal balls being in short supply, I guess...

So no one can tell you whether it will work or not until someone tries, crystal balls being in short supply, I guess...

Yeah I'm the dumb one who uses mine for work, probably can't take that chance until someone else betas it. Looks like someone above had success so MAYBE it's time now.

Yeah I'm the dumb one who uses mine for work, probably can't take that chance until someone else betas it. Looks like someone above had success so MAYBE it's time now.

I either have 1 of the following to test new bios/os x updates

1 / a very cheap or even free old 2.5mm sata drive with win7 and os x on it , for a 'sandboxed' test environment. win7 requires min about 40gb bare min install.

2/ on a fresh new install, as in whole storage drive if you have 500gb or more, i put aside about 17 gb absolute min for os x, and use it as test environment, and also for win7 or xp, this is just to do stuff like update the pc bios or firmware. for the win7 you can shrink it after nuking the pagefile and recovery so it comes down to about under 20gb. shrink your win7, so in total you put aside less than 10% on a 500gb or greater storage.

3/ else do no.1 since you've come this far on buying your probook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back