Contribute
Register

4540S DSDT Patches. Comments and Questions Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I favour though the DSDT mod for the Device (MEI) as it survives system updates.

Agree

USB by the way looks fine here with all ports activated. Is there something specific you'd like me to try?
I've got only right-front USB port working with Flash Drive. I don't have all kext in order yet, so that would be my next step.

BTW.
Anyone knows PCI IDs for Apple Ivy Bridge USB and LPC devices? Are they different than ours?
Here's what I've got for 4540S

8086:1E3A MEI Controller
8086:1E31 USB xHCI Controller
8086:1E26 USB 1
8086:1E2D USB 2

Other comment is that for SB variant the IGPU patch needs to be:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x04)
{
"hda-gfx",
Buffer (0x0A)
{
"onboard-1"
},

"AAPL,snb-platform-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}

Instead of:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x04)
{
"hda-gfx",
Buffer (0x0A)
{
"onboard-1"
},

"AAPL,ig-platform-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x03, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}

This will then enable the HDMI out properly for the Sandy Bridge models. Hope this helps out for a generalised 4540s install thread.

So, 4x40s with Sandy is same as 4x30s. I wonder if a 4x30s with ig-platform-id entry (in addition to snb-platform-id) will work? Then patch could be shared...

So, 4x40s with Sandy is same as 4x30s. I wonder if a 4x30s with ig-platform-id entry (in addition to snb-platform-id) will work? Then patch could be shared...
We already tested that idea and patches are updated to reflect that.

We already tested that idea and patches are updated to reflect that.

OK, that's good to know. I didn't see confirmation of someone trying it on a 4x30s, just a Sandy equipped 4x40s...

Agree
I've got only right-front USB port working with Flash Drive. I don't have all kext in order yet, so that would be my next step.

I have the same issue. 4540s - sandy bridge.
I temporarly fixed it removing /S/L/E/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleUSBXHCI.kext

I wonder if things would be better if the plugin-type _DSM was placed in Scope (_PR) instead of _PR.CPU0 ??

The posts I've seen prior had this in the DSDT in Scope (_PR). Now, it doesn't matter whether it is in the DSDT or SSDT, as these are all merged at runtime into "ACPI namespace," but I would think the system might expect this to be at the root of _PR, not in the subscope _PR.CPU0

Maybe it doesn't matter...

I wonder if things would be better if the plugin-type _DSM was placed in Scope (_PR) instead of _PR.CPU0 ??

The posts I've seen prior had this in the DSDT in Scope (_PR). Now, it doesn't matter whether it is in the DSDT or SSDT, as these are all merged at runtime into "ACPI namespace," but I would think the system might expect this to be at the root of _PR, not in the subscope _PR.CPU0

Maybe it doesn't matter...

I tried both places. In both cases it enabled X86Platform for IvyBridge and used supported system definitions. Since Pike's script already includes this method I wanted to avoid duplicates. Who knows what we use once work on IvyBridge PM is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back