Contribute
Register

4540S DSDT Patches. Comments and Questions Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
0x04 for dual link. Not sure the reason behind it, but my patches represent a direct translation of the content in the

It's based on feedback from 4740S users. I don't think subject of HDMI came up so far.

Rehabman, sorry if I am being repetitive due to failing memory (getting older plus a lot to take in) but should I make a lift of the DSDT secton pertaining to an AR9285 for a 4530s, and apply it to my DSDT for the 4540s, should I use that card. Also, if I use the AR9287 instead (for example) is your latest kext set in the PBI clever enough to work out what card is present and set the IDs accordingly, either for the kext or plist? Finally, will the kext take care of both wifi and BT, and also prevent any lack of wakeup afte sleep? I've received the AR9287 now and will soon be ablemto make a start.

Rehabman, sorry if I am being repetitive due to failing memory (getting older plus a lot to take in) but should I make a lift of the DSDT secton pertaining to an AR9285 for a 4530s, and apply it to my DSDT for the 4540s, should I use that card.

Just apply the 08_AR9285.txt to your DSDT.

Also, if I use the AR9287 instead (for example) is your latest kext set in the PBI clever enough to work out what card is present and set the IDs accordingly, either for the kext or plist? Finally, will the kext take care of both wifi and BT, and also prevent any lack of wakeup afte sleep? I've received the AR9287 now and will soon be ablemto make a start.

From my understanding, you need the same patch for AR9287. It maps the device id into that for AR9280 so it is recognized.

There are no kexts in the ProBook Installer for WiFi. WiFi works natively because of the device-id injection.

BT is handled separately. Native BT kexts in OS X, with AR3011 firmware uploader in IOath3kfrmwr.kext.

Not sure what this has to do with wakeup from sleep...

Just apply the 08_AR9285.txt to your DSDT.

From my understanding, you need the same patch for AR9287. It maps the device id into that for AR9280 so it is recognized.

There are no kexts in the ProBook Installer for WiFi. WiFi works natively because of the device-id injection.

BT is handled separately. Native BT kexts in OS X, with AR3011 firmware uploader in IOath3kfrmwr.kext.

Not sure what this has to do with wakeup from sleep...
Thanks, that's great! The wakeup problem has been reported for a number of BT solutions in different threads but if you aren't aware of it perhaps it will not present itself!

I'll let you and others know how I get on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back